March Madness Spring Walleye Run Rock River WI

• lundmann23
    Franklin

anything happening yet? when will this weather break. trying some new water on friday. will report later..

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ll be on the rock all weekend. Did you see Fridays weather report?

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

Friday 30- 35 deg. north west wind at 9 mph little or no wind….ref. channel 3000…

lundmann23
    Franklin

well we decided to head up to the fox river this morning despite the heavy snow, and boy am i glad we did. we boated nearly 150 walleyes ranging from 16 to 26. we did not get the big momma we were hoping for but when your catching fish every time you drop your bait down you can’t complain. i did see a 32 inch 12 pounder a guy kept for the wall, beautiful fish. sorry no pics, forgot the camera in the truck. heading to the miss in the morning, good luck on the rock this weekend!!! mike

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Mike. Sounds like you had a awesome day. I guess I would go back there instead of the Miss. Well good luck at the Miss and be careful.

lundmann23
    Franklin

it was truly one of my best days of fishing ever. i just made a call and looks like we may wait another week for the miss. pretty slow down there too. i don’t know what i’m gonna end up doing.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Well that should be a no brainer. Go back to the fox.

lundmann23
    Franklin

we should but i need a couple eaters for a fish fry. plus it gets kinda crazy up there on the weekends. very crowded!!

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

Hey jeff just wondering how you did yesterday? We seem to be have some trouble finding the fish, but there were about 3 or 4 boats not having any problems at all!!?? Ended up with one 17″ I’m sure it has something to do with the high pressure that moved in. See ya.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i also fished yesterday. no problem finding fish. problem finding a keeper. atleast there starting to show up. another week or two and it should be better. water is still only 38.

jeff. do you ever keep your cell on? tried callin but no answer….

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

Since noon yesterday the water has come up from 35 to 40 deg won’t be long boys…..and girls! will be out mon. thru wed. Good luck to all!!!!!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I fished only three hours Friday and caught seven fish which three were nice keeper I CPR, Should make a report by Monday. Saturday was slower managed one keeper out of three guys. Water temp did hit 40 in some place, that’s surface temp.

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

We were out from 1pm to 5pm yesterday. Losta boats, lotsa wind! Talk about a wind burned face! Ouch! Marked alot of fish. In some spots they were stacked like cord wood. The bite was slow. Managed to boat a few. I can’t believe the size of the saugers this year! 16 and 17 inchers. Sure are fun to pull in. We were getting the hits mostly on 1/8 oz pink lead head with an orange twister tail(thax bro!)

Just a word on safety. As I stated earlier, there were a lot of boats out there yesterday. In some spots it was pretty crowded. We must have a regard for safety for the boaters around us. I had a guy come with in 5 ft of me putting out a big wake. with foolish moves like that, someone is going to end up in the drink. So fish safe all.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I had a slow weekend but I’ll be able to make a report. These fish are ready to go on a tear. Going to fish on Monday then Tuesday I should have a report.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

looking forward to it Jeff !! Good Luck !!

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

Came across the lake today (slowly) Caught one keeper. 12:00-3:30 wind was nice the ride back to newville was a treat but still made it and had a good time! The good thing is the lake looks pretty good as the ice goes? will hopfully be out tomorrow, depending on the honey do list Being laid off is nice ……..BUT!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL BE SAFE

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Chris. I didn’t make it out this morning with temps in the low 20. My fingers needed a break so I could fix the cracks in the tips of my fingers from the hand warmers. So the report will have to wait. I’m planning to go out Tuesday by myself and Thursday morning with hard water.

suprchef

Slow bite yesterday. The windy was coming right up the river so boat control was challenging to say the least. The fish are still biting short. Brought up a couple minnows with no skin left on them. Time to invest in some stinger hooks I think! Anyway it was worth going out and seeing wallyliners dog, Jetta, control the trolling motor. Today sounds like it is shaping up to be a good day to fish(is there ever a bad one?) Keep them live wells and coolers full!!!

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The ice went out on Lake Koshkonong yesterday and already it looks like it may have helped drop the water level a bit and slow the current somewhat. I haven’t been fishing yet because I really solely on a trolling motor and didn’t want to end up in Janesville (long walk back!). If we don’t get too much rain before Sunday to raise the levels back up I may be out for the first time. If you see me wiz past please throw me a lifeline! I usually fish away from the crowd in the swallower flats so hopefully if I can’t control my tub at least I won’t be bouncing off anyone else. Good luck to all, it looks like we’re finally going to have some decent weather so Bola can put his hand warmers away.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Databoy good to hear from you. Where have you been? It’s time to fish and your right I put the hand warmers away. Them darn things keep my hands warm but they dry them out also and then my finger tip by my finger nail starts to crack. Liquid bandage fixes them right back up though. See you on the water

CConroy03
    Edgerton Wi.

The afternoon bit seamed to be alot better yesterday.Considering I did’nt get to fish too long in the morning!? Had to go rescue suprchef and is women, who broke down on the way to the boat landing!!!!! But we got out and pick up a few.The surface temp. was 40 plus.A few more nice warm day, it’s going to be crazy Good luck!!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yep I also notice the bite to pick up better just before I had to leave around noon. I bet you guys justed slammed before dark. Here’s a nice good eater I caught Monday, check out the rest of my report and see how I caught this nice eater.

Rock River WI Spring Walleye Report

suprchef

Good morning all! Yes it is true! Wallyliner had to rescue us 1/2 mile from the boat landing. Thax Bro! Why couldn’t the van break down AFTER fishing and not on the way to go fishing??? Oh well. 4 hours and $100 later we were able to make it back out. My lady’s first time out this year(she even played hooky from work) We all managed to boat a few walleyes and enjoyed the rest of the beautiful day that was left. My brother and I talked to two other guys that limited out further up river. So they are starting to snap FINALY!!! We had our best bite in 12 to 14 ft. of water on a 3/8 oz pink lead head with an orange twister tail. All this rain we had last night should warm up the river. Looking forward to the “big bite” soon. Now that my van is fixed, i should be able to make it to the boat landing this time lol So, full live wells and coolers gang! Cya!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Suprchef. Good to hear you don’t let a little disappointment wreak your day. What did the little lady think about fishing for the first time this year?

suprchef

She had a great time, Jeff! she hasn’t been fishing for a few years so it was nice for her to get out and try it again As for her out fishing me yesterday, she said she wouldn’t tell anyone.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hoping to head out to the Fort on friday afternoon. water levels ok to run down, or better off launching at blawkhawk??

lundmann23
    Franklin

i have been launching under the 26 bridge. i always hate that slow ride through town. otherwise you should be alright..

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Ed your to late the bite is over.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.