Rock River Spring Walleye River 2003

• lundmann23
    Franklin

have you got checked out there yet? i haven’t but my buddies did. i did see some dnr or someone setting nets out. i wonder what there for. also seen some on kosh, i heard they were taking surveys of the dead fish. what a waste!!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike I have not got checked yet. The DNR always waits until April 1 before they start on the river. They start checking to see if anglers have renewed there fish lic, then they start checking boats to. The nets that the DNR are put out there are for walleyes. They catch them in the net and take there eggs.

lundmann23
    Franklin

hey jeff, i know where i’m fishing from now on, next to the nets (just kidding). are you still heading out tomorrow? this weather is ridiculous, it should be 50, not 30 and snowing. i think this weather will slow the fishing down. what do you think? i’m 50/50 for tomorrow. if i do go it will be a late start because i have to pick my boat up at 9:00. they had to replace something in the motor because my overheat alarm kept going off. those damn mercurys huh?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike I will be fishing no matter what. I’m in a fishing tourney. 81 angers have entried. I have no choice or I will be out my entry fee. I have to try and win it back. I will be fishing from 5:30 AM to 2:30 PM rain or shine. I have 9 hours to catch one or two nice fish. It will be tough but I can do it. I sure wish there was luck in fishing. I’m logining off have a half day vacation. Got to go get ready for the big day. I will not be loged in until Monday. Mike, Andy, Databoy and all the rest have a great weekend. For all the die heart anglers, see you on the water Saturday.

lundmann23
    Franklin

which tournament are you fishing? well good luck and i hope you get some nice fish. hopefully i will see you out there. thats a nice site you got going for your guiding. i will try to shoot some business your way. i know a few guys looking for a good fishing trip on some mendota smallies and pike. maybe you could put them on some nice fish. good luck!!!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Hello Guys!
    Can I make a suggestion which may help get many more people using the Rock River Forum? I am not trying to be critical, but many people do not want to sort through dozens and dozens of post replies to find things applicable to them. If you start a new post for new subjedts, weeks, or reports, it makes this forum much more user friendly to new visitors, and will allow people to read the subjects they are interested in, without a lot of “dated” material. I, by the way, have read every post here, but know a few who won’t.
    Good fishin’
    Rooster

lundmann23
    Franklin

we have brought it up to jeff the moderator. he decided to keep it like this for now. i agree though, this is getting pretty radical, were already on the 16 thread for this forum. i can see why people might not like it.

Viewing 7 posts - 151 through 157 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.