Rock River Spring Walleye River 2003

• lundmann23
    Franklin

thats what i thought. i’ve had real good luck by that bend before jefferson. always late in the season, now i know why. i guess i never put 2 and 2 together.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Wooo, got my account working again! I haven’t been able to add posts but figured out that logging off and logging back in fixed the problem. I had it remembering me at each visit and finally outsmarted the dumb machine. Hopefully the rest of my mental battles will be on the water. I got my Fin-tech jigs and stinger hooks and I think I’m ready to go, maybe if we all stop by the river and pee on the ice it’ll melt faster. Not worrying about polluting the water, it’ll all flow to Illinois in a day or two.

kevin
    hancock,wi

Jeff,sounds like the boats packed and just waiting.As soon as you see that ice leaving let me know,hopfully the motor will be back together and runnin like a champ. Also jeff don’t forget about that cat outing you mentioned.

Kevin Budny

LET EM RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Budny

bass423
    Oregon, WI

FYI,
    The river in Jefferson is opening up a bit below the dam but not much. There is water flowing over the spillway as of Wed. but it will be a while. I work in Jefferson and will try and keep everyone informed of the ice conditions. Even with a week in the 50s and no snow it will still be end of the month in my opinion.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Kevin I wouldn’t forget. I have you down in my calendar, looking forward to fish with you.

Databoy, good to see you back and running.

bass423, thanks for the report, I have to agree with you on the end of the mouth. lets hope were wrong.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

OK guys. Had to learn some new tricks to get more active on FTR. Old dogs, new tricks, you know. Jeff, this is EZ from the other site. Used to have this handle there, too, but didnt register it in time and lost it. But you’re probably laughing at my messenger to you about hoping to fish open water on the Rock on Monday the 24th. From the sound of these posts, I’d say I’m dreaming. I guess my brain froze during three days on Pool 4. Well, so much for the burst bubble. Gonna try to keep up with this site, too, and get to know some of the other Rock anglers. How about a pick the ice-out date on the Rock at Blackhawk, just for bragging rights??

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

Pretty soon fellas…..PRETTY SOON……..

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

EZ, good to see you made it aboard . You will not believe it, the launch at downtown Fort Atkinson is open . Three boats made it out today and opened the river threw Fort. Not much father but at least I will get my boat out to get some hours on the new motor in the morning, thats if the ice don’t block the launch by morning. Thats one thing all you anglers will have to becareful about .

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Low water and iced up launches equals a better opportunity for me with my 9′ pontoon that I can drag & launch. Too bad I didn’t know I could’ve been out Sunday. Well Jeff, how did you do today or was the launch jammed up?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Launched my boat downtown Fort Atkinson today. Water very low so be careful. Current very slow also, The ice is out only in Fort, from the start of the wall to the end of the wall. Watch for floating ice bergs, remember NO WAKE in town. Did not doing any fishing, just got some hours on the new motor and played with the trolling motor a while.

lundmann23
    Franklin

jeff,do you think the river will be fishable by this weekend? i’m sick of driving 2 hours to the dells.

bass423
    Oregon, WI

I was down in Fort today and the river had lots of bergs but was open by Kmart and from as far as you could see up and down from both bridges. Water level is very low so be very careful by both bridges if you go. It looks like it should be fishable in certain areas by the weekend with weather like this. Open water below both Jefferson and Indianford Dams. Keep me posted if you guys get out there this week.

lundmann23
    Franklin

thanks for the report bass423. how exactly low is the river? i know its down from years past but how low. keep me posted if you don’t mind. i have the itch to get out there this weekend and i’m sure a lot of other guys feel the same way. Also is the Kosh still iced up pretty good?

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

As of 3:30 Pm Today big ice jam downtown Fort by railroad bridge.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Andy a.k.a. We Fish, I tried to break that big ice jam up this morning but it was out of my league, I failed.

Mike a.k.a. Lundmann23 I will be out Wednesday again if the ice will let me. I will keep everyone post. I plan on fishing all weekend also if ice goes out, it will be great to meet you. I plan on getting “We Fish” in the boat this weekend if he is not busy , what do you say Andrew can you go?

Andy it would help if you could let us know Tuesday night what the conditions are like at the launch after work. Just so all you anglers know, Andy a.k.a. We Fish, works next to the downtown Fort boat launch, how luckly can us anglers get.

lundmann23
    Franklin

any new news about the river?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

It’s time to play anglers.

Mike forget about the two hour trips, you should be able to find great fishing this weekend on the Rock. All you have to do is find me. .

lundmann23
    Franklin

just let me know when and where and i will be there. not to early in the morning though. heading down to bass pro on friday night. i could be there a while if you know what i mean!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi all, went out this morning praying that I could get to some of the good spots. Still to much ice for me to try to get to my spots. everyday it gets better, with this rain and wind it shoun’t take long to run the whole river. Did not see one other boat downtown Fort. They were all at the K-Mart Launch going down river to 106 bridge. The only thing bad about doing that run is some times lots of ice comes down and jams up at the bridge then you can’t get back to the launch until mother nature lets you .

We Fish how did things look after work?

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Jeff Check Your Messages Board.

lundmann23
    Franklin

hey jeff, is it still looking good for the weekend? i hear its suppose to warm up tomorrow so hopefully that will get rid of some more ice. i don’t want to make the trip and find out that i can’t get to the good spots. keep me posted.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Sounds good Mike, I really don’t think we will have any problems getting to the good spots this weekend. Oh Yeah before I forget the water temp was around 36 surface.

hard-water
    Milwaukee, WI

I’m thinking about heading over to the rock on Monday. It’s been awhile, but spring has sprung….Be sure to wave when you go by……..Dave

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dave a.k.a. Hard Water check your messages.

Wingnut

Glad to hear the Rock is open. Hey Bola, how far up the river from Fort are they ?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Wingnut, WELCOME.. 106 bridge to Bark River

WOW BINGO Finally got some fishing in this morning. By Noon I caught three keeper sauger all CPR and 8 or 9 little ones and about 6 or 7 Drum or sheephead what ever you call them, good fighting fish though. There is still ice coming down river, keep your eyes open. I launched at K-Mart this morning and the ramp is in BAD shape so take your time backing up. Just before you back your boat up stop and get out and take a look at the ramp.

lundmann23
    Franklin

hey jeff, what were you getting them on, your secret jigs? how long were you out?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

No secrets on this site . 3/8oz black/orange Zone-R with a fathead and snap on stinger hook. I call them red/black but the real name is black/orange. I can’t believe it out produce my glow/green . Mike Huppert told me it was a HOT color .

lundmann23
    Franklin

i believe i tried one of those zone-r jigs my first time out on the dells this year. i was not a big fan of it. it seemed like i couldn’t feel the bottom as well as i could with my homemade lead heads. i’m still a fan of mono so maybe if i used fireline, that would help.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Mike, fish the rock with me and I will make a believer out of you yet. You will be just like all the other anglers out there today nocking at my boat asking for the hot jigs and what color to use. LOL.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.