New Fishing Report added…

• jags

WOW! Nice job Jeff. And congrats on the B-Day AND new fishing partner.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks jags, plan on hitting the water all weekend after 11:00 A.M. Also doing lunch and drinks at Anchor Hope to see you out

jags

Would love to be there, but I am being forced to ride in a balloon over Galena on Sat.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Cool Have fun and don’t fall out.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Planning on getting my butt out of bed early on Saturday, and hitting the Rock hopefully about 6am.. Probably launching at the Anchor, unless someone talks me into fishing some other stretch ….see some of ya on the water.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I should be out after 11:00. Ed keep your phone on and in the boat. I might call you around 9 or 10 to see what biting

z-man
    Dousman, WI

OK Jeff….will try to remember to stick it in the boat, but if the news I give you is favorable, might cost you a brewski…heck, I’ll even tell you some tall tales for a brewski. Diesel…..can you get up that early, and sneak out?? Have a spot open in the boat….call today, cell or home.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks for the offer. I will be up anyway but got way too much stuff to do at the house. Really wish I could get out though.

This kid is taking way too much of my time

Derek

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just a update from todays outing. We fish the same why as my last report. This day was slower because I would say of bost traffic. Did get a few. it was just great being out with the family and eating lunch at the famous Anchor Inn. There burgers are the best and good lookin bartenders.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Stephanie got another one, but mom didn’t

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Launched at Newville just after 6am, and fished till about noon. Not a fast and furious day, but enough action to keep the interest level up. Pretty much jigged or pitched between the bridges, and boated one 17 inch eye, and missed fourothers that I had on for a while..saw two of them before they said bye-bye..a 20 and a 24 or so…several other hits…so not a good boating average today, but a beauty of a day. Caught a glimpse of this family fishing, and watched this guy staying focused on his two rod tips as jigs were flying all around his head, without even as much as a blink as they whirred within inches of his face …nice meeting your wife and daughter, Jeff.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Those jigs came so close to me at times I felt splashes of water hitting my neck. I thought for sure I would be in ER getting a hook out of my body. But I must have taught them right. Ended up going home with only nice walleyes and no hooks in the body. Cross your fingers for the next time

PS. What would it be like if your daughter or wife didn’t hook you.

WELL WORTH IT TO ME, There could be worst things in life

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Jeff….on my way home from Newville on saturday, I noticed there were only a couple of boats fishing the rock by 106 bridge, and downtown…..usually a ton of them on nice weekend…what’s up with that???Is it THAT slow on those stretches?? Trying to get a better understanding of spring patterns….any thoughts??

memery

Fished Newville last night 5:30 – dark. I ended up with 2 fish, both keepers. (1) 16″ sauger and (1) 18.5″ walleye. They were both males and the walleye was milking like a heifer. Caught both on a clown husky jerk. There were only a couple of other boats out. Didn’t see any other fish caught but I fished from the 59 bridge to the lake and there weren’t many others out. Great night to be out. The wind laid down right at dusk and it was almost too nice to enjoy all by myself. I went solo – asked 4 others to go but couldn’t get any takers…

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Made it out Thursday , launching at 1. Boated 9 eyes and 1 sauger, with 4 legals in the mix. All legals caught on plastic, slipping the current. also got a few sheepies, and a pregnant white bass. The action wasn’t what I would call fast and furious, but steady enough to keep the interest level high. Here’s a shot of the biggest legals, 21 and 22 inch male eyes, both milking heavily. The others were an 18 inch eye, and 15.5 inch sauger. Only one or two other boats out there . Pulled in at 6 pm, to find that I threw a belt on trailer tire. luckily, had spare in the truck, so changed it and went in and had one of those great Anchor Inn burgers/cold drink.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Any fishing reports from the weekend, or did the gale winds keep everyone home???wondering how the Anchor Inn tourney went??

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Glad to see some fish caught. Watching fishing shows on TV just ain’t cutting it.

Keep em coming fellas.

D

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Diesel…if you need any help from your IDA buddies in getting your priorities in line, just give us a holler…always willing to help a fishing buddy think straight… . so when do ya think we’ll see ya out there??

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I skipped the weekend but made it out for a couple hours yesterday afternoon. I had a few short hit and misses jigging a Zone-R w/ minnow between Allen Creek and the Hwy. 26 launch. After a couple frustrating hours I tried a Rapala and landed a small northern on my second cast into the creek opening. Then the wind picked up and rain was moving in so I packed it up.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Hey Ed,

It will be a while still, especially since I got rid of my explorer. Looking for a new vehicle on top of other tasks.

Hopefully it will be in a couple of weeks after I get another vehicle.

Derek

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hit Newville yesterday afternoon, and fished the river. Pretty slow, but did manage to boat two legals, a 16 incheron jig/minnow vertical jigging, and a 19 inch milker, anchored and letting the current sweep the plastic. couple other lost fish and a few missed hits. Except for the 19 incher, all other hits were on jig/minnow. No white bass today, which I thought was a little strange, but did get a sheepie that I thought was a dandy walleye…oh, well.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I was out Friday, not one walleye, four small pike dragging jigs and leeches and one 15 inch white bass trolling.

Saturday two nice walleyes vertical jigging and nothing trolling.

Sunday will tell Monday.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Did great Sunday, watch for my report at the entrance Tuesday morning.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.