2014 Rock River Walleye League (Thursday nights)

• WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Gregg
    I do like these two ideas.
    5 fish max per boat so solo entries have better chance to win.

Starting 2 weeks later so all weeks will be 4:30-8:30 PM contests. The last tourney will be the last week of June.
    Plus
    I would still have a big fish that night

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Greg,

I like the 5 fish idea. I think we should just make a separate $5 end of the year pot. Meaning, just like the big fish pot. If you participate your $5 goes to the end of the year pot each week. I will continue to keep track of weights each week. One of the reasons we have won the end of the year 3 consecutive years is because of the sacrifices we make to be able to be there each week. Joe barely takes any money out for the end of the year pot as of right now, I really doubt a couple bucks is preventing people from participating. Most of the time I hear that guys just can’t make it because of their schedules. I’m creating a Rock River Walleye Tour this year. This will be a lot different then this league. We will be fishing specific sections of the river each week. One week we will launch under the hwy 14 bridge in Janesville and the boundary will be from Centerway dam in Janesville to the Indianford dam. The next week we will launch at the carp pens and the boundaries will be from Indianford to the lake. The next week we will launch from Dallmans landing and the lake itself will be the boundary. The next week we launch from the 26 bridge and the boundaries will be the lake and the Jefferson dam. And maybe one more from the Jefferson Dam to Watertown.

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Every organization in the nation has participation points that count towards the end of the year. We could do point instead of cash? Add up the weights and participation points each week. Have a weekly cash 100% pay out. The end of the year will be trophies or plaques, no cash.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

The league has lost it’s luster for me. For the last few years if a team can make it every week you’d be almost certain to finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd because by the 2nd half of the season we’d be lucky to get 3 or 4 boats – not much of a competition or anything to brag about. I would be in favor of dissolving the league in hopes of participating in a couple Saturday tourneys with at least a dozen boats.

I’m actually hoping for some freezing temps because I can’t fish when it’s like this. What I need now is some solid ice and a flasher full of fish .

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

I’d be happy just fishing against you guys Greg… lol… I have a feeling this year will be different. I’ve heard a lot of talk about guys fishing on Thursday’s. I will be hosting at least two Saturday tournaments this year. I’m also going to do some advertising for Thursday nights. Quit your whining and man up!!

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

These what you want on your flasher Greg? ; )

Attachments:
    1. 20141130_115430.jpg

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nauga, I’ve been waiting for you to call me so I can meet you on the ice somewhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.