dipbait cats

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

took several hours to fill a limit with eater channels yesteday fishing down by Beloit on the west side of the river TIGHT AGAINST THE BANK. All of these fish came on dipbait, but that ain’t saying much, as dipbait was the only thing I tried.
    Something maybe worthy of note…continuing to use the two worm dipbait rig as described in my previous post. Seven of the 10 cats which constitute a limit hit the little Cat-A-Tube worm, one had BOTH worms down his throat and the other one hit a chartreuse, skinny Super Devil worm.
    You can get the Cat-A-tube thru Sonny’s Super Sticky Bait in Farmington, Ia. Sonny doesn’t have a computer, but you can reach him at 319 878-4115. Neither Sonny nor me make any money off of these worms. Sonny just helps Wild Bill “River” Bank market ’em. Never met Bill…but Sonny says he is just another old river rat trying to get by.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Ted. When do you want to run boards on Kosh. I have some morning available next week.

lundmann23
    Franklin

since when do you like trolling?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I figured if you can catch fish trolling I can.

PS. The bite is real hot trolling in the river above 59 bridge. I caught three nice legals from 15 to 18 inches this morning on the bridge pillars with half of crawlers, leeches they didn’t want. But I saw a guy trolling in front of the 59 bridge and he was pulling them in.

lundmann23
    Franklin

trolling isn’t as easy as it looks!!!

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Next few days are pretty much wide open. Just call or email and we’ll set it up. Lundman 23 is exactly right about trolling! Much more to it than just dragging baits behind the boat! I was out yesterday and trolled for about six hours w/ some buddies. We caught 15 from 3-9 lbs. AND KILLED EVERY ONE OF THEM!!!! Of course, we were catching coho and one laker. And fishing Lake Michigan out of Racine. Three guesses on what’s gettin’ grilled tonite!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.