Updated Walleye Report on Rock River

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Check out my updated walleye report and see how Corey and I caught nice walleyes like these in this picture on a hot spring day. oh yeah, that’s my daughter on the right, she likes to get in photos, she proud of her dad when he catches fish, Corey isn’t that good lookin. LOL

To check out my report click on Rock River Walleye Report below.

Rock River Walleye Report

IceHogsFan
    Rockford IL

Nice ‘Eyes! But where did ya catch ’em?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I got them in the Rock River, click on Rock River Walleye Report above the picture and I wrote a pretty good report and it tells all.

lundmann23
    Franklin

nice to see the walleyes are still biting. i have been hammering the crappies the last couple of weeks. got a 16.5 incher for the wall. i do have pictures but not on my camera so i’m waiting for my buddy to e-mail them to me. hows the trolling bite been? probably be out trolling in the near future. no fishing for me this weekend as i am the best man in my buddies wedding. tight lines to all!!!!

jeff, i think i know where you were catching them by the background but i will keep it a secret!!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Mike, good to see your still alive I was starting to worry. can’t wait to see some of your pic’s of those nice crappie again. Your missing out on some good walleye action so get it together bud the trolling bite should start soon.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i have been busy with work, hardly any time to fish now. can’t wait for the trolling bite. i’m sick of jigging. i think thats why i’ve been crappie fishing.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Launched at the 26 by-pass yeaterday afternoon about 1pm. Started working at the VFW, and the major holes downstream, without even a bite, except for the sheepshead and carp my buddy got. Tried fishing the wood and the holes, but wind and current made it real tough to hold the boat. So after hitting Blackhawk, trolled Kosh for an hour or so, which I have never done before, and after no hits, decided to explore the Newville area, which I had also never done before. Only did three drifts, boated 2 eyes, 16 and 14 on first drift, and had several other hits and temporay hook-ups on other drifts, but had to call it a day. Now I see why Bola and others like the Newville area…I plan to be back.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Ed.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Made it out Sunday afternoon around 4:00 to 7:00 and caught three walleyes. Two were short at 14″ and released & one nice spawned out 23″ female whiched I CPR. Will post pic’s later.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Went fishing for a couple hours Thursday and Sunday and only got one keeper. Fishing has been slow again for me. The trolling bite on Lake Koshkonong is starting to pick up.

lundmann23
    Franklin

anything happening, looks like everyone has taken a vacation from fishing. looking to troll kosh on sturday, anybody been out?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Mike, how’s the crappie bite? I been out a few times but with the weather up and down it’s been tough fishing for me. The trolling bite is starting to pick up. You should have a good day Saturday, I have to work . Maybe Sunday after 3:00 for a while I’ll make it out.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i haven’t fished for 2 and a half weeks, the crappies were hitting when i was fishing but my buddy only ended up with a few last weekend. i’m going through walleye depression after a pretty slow spring so i’m opting for trolling on kosh. i hope we do as good as we did last year. will let you know how i do. if the trolling is slow i’ll probably give jigging a shot over by newville.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

So what’s up with the weekend reports??Everyone too busy cleaning fish to post?? And has Bola gotten a taste of inland lakes, never to fish the rock again?? Looking to fish somewhere on Friday…..anything happening on Kosh or the river?? Thanks in advance.

lundmann23
    Franklin

caught a mixed bag on saturday trolling and fishing by newville, kept a couple eaters.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Nice fish Mike. To bad you didn’t enter the tourney.

lundmann23
    Franklin

i planned on fishing it but decided to hold off until the weather was better. talked to a guy at the anchor inn and he said the storm missed that area and they fished all morning. looked like a good time and saw some familiar faces there. probably would have placed high according to the fish board.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Just a quick update on the fishing. Walleyes are still bitting around bridges and low current areas. Eddies and current breaks are the key to catching these nice walleyes in the flooded Rock River right now. Rock River is still at flood stages and will be for some time. The whole river in Jefferson Co. and parts of Rock are all NO WAKE. All launches in Jefferson county are closed at this time. But if you can find a launch the fishing is great. Anchor Inn and Harbor Rec. Marine in Newville still are letting boats launch for a fee. trolling bite has really pick up. These fish I caught were all caught on a nickle or purple 1/4oz nuckle ball jig with a half of a crawler. Leeches didn’t work as good on this day. 4 pound flame/green fire line was spooled on my reels and worked great. This fish went on the grill Sunday night for the wife and son. Me and my daughter got ribs.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.