At last….

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve been keeping an eye on Cascade Creek for the last couple weeks and today the water has begun to run a little harder. That’s good news. The recent melt-water can’t go down very well yet and I think its finally started to runto the creeks and rivers.

The snow pack in our yard is beginning to get down to where I feel like it might be spring. The only grass I can see though is where I’ve kept the snow cleared to get to the bird feeders.

When the Cascade begins to run freely and the Zumbro River a few hundred feet further down starts to carry some extra water it means the lake will begin to let loose of winter. Now, if we can keep a civil thaw going, the lake should be in and stay in great shape for ice out crappies.

Since last Friday, several people have been seen fishing where the creek and river merge and upstream towards the dam. One person came back to his truck on Sunday and got a pail, so I’m assuming he got into something he wanted to keep. I could see water splash from the pail when he left. The stretch of river just east of Hy-Vee North had a couple guys casting on Saturday. People are either antsy or they are into fish. Either/or….it good to see people on the water.

Things are definitely starting to change towards more spring-like conditions. The forecast for the next couple days could be putting a lot more water into the mix of things. We can stand a little more water, but a huge soaker sure isn’t needed.

The retention ponds and Foster are still handing out fish but I think things have slowed some. Foster was stocked not long ago so trout should be cooperating. For sure, things are changing for the better.

If the weather predicted doesn’t slop things up too much I plan to grab a couple 50 gallon bags and spend a couple hours over on the two points of the confluence picking up after the pigs.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.