Anyone having luck on Zumbro?

• YourKennedy
    NULL

Been out several times to rattlesnake, both sides of ryans, second bay, and the highwall cliffs area. Everyone i’ve talked to has been marking fish on rattlesnake but has been slow to non existent. One of the guys at gander apparently has had some luck with gils on the east side of ryans bay. But i can’t seem to find a darn thing. Anyone else experiencing this drought?

duke.harbaugh

Nope…. actually has been a better year. You can’t just go to one “spot” because everyone else is….. or you could…

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I havent heard much about out there.

I quit fishing totally out there years ago, I have spent tons of hours fishing open water and icefishing but always went home saying ” it was better than lying on the couch”

The fish seem to be in pockets and hammered daily by crowds.

I really hope this dredge ordeal goes through so we can have decent fishing lake close to home again.

JMHO Jeff

duke.harbaugh

On another note… apparently the dnr sees no problem with the pan fish population. I have emailed/spoken with them multiple time in hopes to work.on the pan fish limits on zumbro. I see multiple people taking limits home and coming again the next day and doing it again. This same guy will bi+(h and moan that the lake is getting “fished out” the lake gets pounded on but the guys doing the work to find them and consistently catch them are the ones for the most part CPR and the ones going to the same 3 or 4 spots are looking to fill their pale. I am in no way bashing taking a few fish for the pan. But we need to keep a strong fishery and the way its going its scary…

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I totally agree with the CPR

crappies

over rated and way over fished! the size of fish in that lake has slide way down hill the past few years. it gets pounded and like was said over harvested for sure.

mike ice

As much as it gets pounded I still amazed there are fish there. A C+R only or some more limits would be good. It’s been tough for me but have heard a few are catching some.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.