Robins

• gary d
    cordova,il

I have been waiting for them to show up. Today is the first time I heard them or saw them. Sometimes we have some pretty hardy ones that stay all winter long, as long as they can find food. We are to get some warm temp for a few days then maybe a little snow or rain. I’m sure they will more likely be here now for the spring and summer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There was a drake wood duck at Covill park yesterday.

Dad at one time, said “those birds must know something”. After a few years we came to the conclusion the early birds were the dumb ones (as far as predicting an early spring goes).

But it is a welcome sign none the less!

Kyhl
    Savage

Working from home in the southwest metro yesterday, I heard some geese fly over. Right or wrong, it’s a good sign.

My dad used to recite a poem, that I don’t remember, about it snowing three more times after seeing the first robin. So yeah, the early ones may be the dumb ones.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Cardinals have started to get vocal in my neighborhood. Not full on singing but they are making their presence known.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Saw first flights on honkers yesterday. They’re already staking out their nesting sites on the ponds close to us.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Saw quite a few today also for the first time this year. Iowa

zooks

No robins but cardinals and blue jays have been active around my house plus there’s about 8 swans on Minnehaha Creek near Methodist Hospital, first saw them flying 30 feet over my head about 2 weeks ago, which was unexpected and kinda wild.

riverruns
    Inactive

LOTS of geese heading up the Mississippi river in front of my house the last 2 days. One bat flying as it was just getting dark out. That’s a sure sign of spring.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

I saw one today that’s it so far. . rrr

gary d
    cordova,il

Spring is very close for sure. I now saw several Redwing black birds. That is my for sure weather is going to get warmer by the day with a few cold day mix in. I’m ready!!

Rod Bent

Ahhhh! I can hear the Red-winged blackbirds calling in Cottage Grove.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

When the wife starts shaving her legs again is my first sign of spring. Still have a bit to go boys.

drouge11
    Gt. Falls, Mt.

Montana is the new North Pole. Snow and ice

Rod Bent

First robins in Cottage Grove! They’re in for a heckuva day. Most schools are closed ahead of the storm.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Spotted 3 turkey’s and two robins at Carpenter Nature Center over the weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.