Riddle me this Batman………

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

How can there be such a big price difference between diesel & unleaded? This afternoon in Cambridge UL was $1.77 per gallon and Diesel $2.57 per gallon. .80 a gallon difference….really?

I did see both much cheaper but the price spread between the two was the same.

I don’t get it.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Gas in Lake City was .76 cents a gallon a couple days ago.
    1.01 a gallon cheaper than Cambridge.

Why?

Coletrain27

I remember when diesel was always cheaper than gas. Not anymore, they can charge whatever they want for diesel because the freight industry can’t run without it. Tax on diesel is also higher which makes it higher price at the pump also

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Believe me when I say there many different reasons for different prices when the station owner has to buy it because of;
    1. The station volume
    2. Brand
    3. Freight distance
    4. Location—overhead cost
    5. Cost of local labor

Also right now most Station volumes are down. I would bet 25 to 50%.
    Most overhead stays the same—utilities,taxes,mortgage,insurance, etc.
    It is also the only business that HAS to post the price on the street where everyone can see it.

Also no one complains when 1 store sells milk for $4 a gallon and the one down the street has milk at $2.69 gallon.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just put in the died diesel, that’s cheap. coffee

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just put in the died diesel, that’s cheap. coffee

jester Think i’ll pass but thanks.

I filled at $2.22 but just wondering why diesel is so much more.

Iowaboy1

The popularity of diesel trucks helped drive the price higher more than anything.
    The fuel companies want their share as well as the state and federal government.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

The popularity of diesel trucks helped drive the price higher more than anything.
    The fuel companies want their share as well as the state and federal government.

I think your close but in my opinion it is the commercial trucking industry that drives diesel prices higher. They are a captive audience and don’t have a choice.

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

Diesel was 1.99 a gallon in Hixton Wi Gas was 1.39

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I think your close but in my opinion it is the commercial trucking industry that drives diesel prices higher. They are a captive audience and don’t have a choice.

Plus, they have been able to add fuel “surcharges” to their pricing to customers. Do you think those surcharges have been dropped recently? Bet not.

HRG

riverruns
    Inactive

Diesel at KT 10 miles apart differs by up to $.30/gallon. Why is that?
    Why is gas $.40/gallon cheaper 30 miles up the road?

Look at the premium non ethanol difference from city to city. Sometimes huge!

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Diesel at KT 10 miles apart differs by up to $.30/gallon. Why is that?
    Why is gas $.40/gallon cheaper 30 miles up the road?

Look at the premium non ethanol difference from city to city. Sometimes huge!

Shhhh, last time when someone in la Crosse $itched about different gas prices at certain KT stores in town to the local rag they went ahead and made them all the same in town. . . Same at the higher price. Think that was 2005 ish. I’ve just now started noticing again that some of the more ‘off the main path’ ones being lower again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.