Review……….Marine General, Duluth

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Took a drive to check them out today. Was surprised to find them in a older 3 level building. I guess I don’t know what I was expecting.

Lots of things to choose from, lots of inventory. Friendly staff. Prices seemed on par with others. Parking was a bit challenging as it sits in a neighborhood setting. All in all I guess I would go back.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’ve only seen them set up at the ice show. Work took me to duluth enough, not sure why I never went there doah doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well now that you have NOTHING to do you can go there.

vinella

I buy almost all my ice gear from them. Talk to Rob…he’ll hook you up.

B-man

That store is the devil……

It’s cost me countless of thousands $$$$$ rotflol

Super great staff and crazy selection crammed in that little store. If you don’t see what you’re looking just ask. He has connex boxes full of stuff too….

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They had tents set-up outside today.

dirtywater

For my needs, hands down the best fishing gear store in the state. We only get up 2-3 times a year but we make it count. Ask my wife, she HATES marine general.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I love stopping in there when going past. But I always spend to much money

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Lots of clothing marked 40% off.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol mrgreen can’t remember the last time I bought fishing tackle other than line.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Very unique store. I really enjoy it when I’m up there. Looking at the wall of trout spoons just makes my eyes glaze over. jester

Definitely have everything you need for fishing Superior. I will say their live bait is CRAZY expensive.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have only stopped in there once. I could see it getting expensive in there. The parking definitely is not the greatest with a camper and boat behind.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Try working/living near them…. doah

Went through a stage going to UMD where I’d walk in and it would sound like Cheers when Norm walked in whistling

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Try working/living near them…. doah

Went through a stage going to UMD where I’d walk in and it would sound like Cheers when Norm walked in whistling

LOL!!
    You had to love Cheers! yay

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

rotflol mrgreen can’t remember the last time I bought fishing tackle other than line.

You mean string, Glen? jester

I’ve never been but have heard nothing but great, albeit expensive stories.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

I always stop at Marine General when in Duluth. It does get expensive but they have an amazing amount of tackle, electronics and clothing in the store.

sand-burr
    Grasston, MN

I personally enjoy the staff. They are super knowledgeable about the products/area and always willing to help. Its a little tight but so are most stores on that strip. I agree on pricing also, very aggressive to make the right deal.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

You mean string, Glen? jester

I’ve never been but have heard nothing but great, albeit expensive stories.

jester jester yea yea fishin string!!!!!!! rotflol

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Ordered some stuff from them a few weeks ago. Some of the spoons weren’t in stock so they called me and asked if I wanted to substitute any other colors. The order was shipped that same day, Monday, and I got it on Tuesday.

Adam Steffes

I ordered closeout ice fishing stuff from them – called and verified stock, placed order and I’ll be darned if it wasn’t on my doorstep the next day. Nicely done. Wouldn’t mind seeing it in person sometime.

critter 1

Great place with the old sport shop feel to it. If you need it they probably have it. My go to on line place to order and you get it next day most times. I’ve bought two ice shacks there..and much more. I have family in Duluth and always try to get there. Had a niece that worked there thru college, just great people..and always on top of the fishing reports for the area. Try there hoodies I have two tough and warm.

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

2 fat guys best not meet in the same aisle.

WS

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Russ and his staff are great to deal with. Russ also very generous with the community fund raisers of all types. MG stands behind what they sell even it goes south out of warranty. I have only positive things to say in 42 years of buying from them.

Gitchi Gummi

I echo what Ed said – Marine General is very active in the community as far as sponsoring, donations and fundraising type events goes. Russ is a stand up guy and his staff is second to none. Prices are great, selection is best in town, and the customer service is better than you could hope for. All things considered, Marine General is the best, hands down! Someday I hope they can move to a bigger store and really spread their wings.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Love Blackfish brand of clothing they carry…

Russ is the nicest, most knowledgeable guy in the business.

My cousin was Commodore of the Power Squadron in Duluth for many years, stopped in the store with him many times.

marcolson13
    NULL

Only have bought stuff online and at the Twin Cites Ice Show, but they always seem to have some of the best prices (along with reeds) along with great selection and consistently have sales on products that people want (Houses, Ice Apparel, Electronics etc.)

Shipping has always been fast to the Metro and I would never hesitate to use them in the future.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.