reports needed……………..

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m getting the hebee geebee’s thinking about a new Warrior. Anybody care to share their feelings on the new 20′ tillers? Are they everything you hoped when you wrote the check? Are you running a gas kicker, Vantage or just using a Terrova? Whats the down side (every boat has ’em) or things you don’t like. What brand is your main motor?

These things are a BUNCH of money but likely will be the last boat I ever buy. Right now Warrior is the leader at the turn but there are several 20′ tillers that would fit the bill for me. Just looking for all the info I can get.

FryDog62

Are you specifically looking for a wide-body hull with big motor for fishing walleyes in big waters?

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Something that’s comfortable when I take my nap.

FryDog62

I think Warrior, Yar-craft, Skeeter and Larson make great big water walleye tillers. Chunky, high sides and heavy (2000 lbs) and can handle Erie. I’m more multi-species and fish walleyes occasionally but more towards bass, northern, muskie. I like something that can handle bigger waters but is a little sleeker with medium height sides, good front and rear casting spaces (hard to find on a tiller) and stability around the perimeter is a bigger deal for me.

The x-190 is only 19 1/2 feet long but is being re-done for 2015. Top end speed of 45 mph is plenty for me. Second choice would be the Ranger 620 tiller. A classic that’s hard to beat..

I think you could take a decent nap in either…

Just my .02

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

I don’t think you can buy a better tiller than the Warrior 2090BT. The layout, quality of the construction, tracking, performance, fishability and the unmatched soft and dry rough water ride quality are absolutely second to none. Throw in the unique level of customer service that you get through Warrior and you have an incredible boat that will work for you in all applications and all kinds of weather.

You will not be disappointed.

Waxy

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks everybody.

Now….just find 50K and I’ll be good to go!

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

There’s some really nice 2013 and 2014 2090BTs out there for sale right now that are rigged pretty nice and well under $50K.

Waxy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.