Remember this guy??

• jerry b
    western WI

My foster pup, Liam, alias “Lunk” got his new hip last Tue and came home Fri (yesterday). He’s a bit sore but giving it the old college try to get back to being a total schmooze. Doc sez it’ll take a good 3 mo’s before we can breath easy that his prosthetic will be trouble free. Till then it’s kennel, leash and calm living. Gonna be tough on a year old pup toast jerr

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20160617_180659835_HDR-1.jpg

Timmy

Good luck to the pooch. Dogs are tough…..he will be ok waytogo

bigpike

Good luck with your buddy!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

What happened jerr that Lunk needed a new hip? Good luck on keeping him toned down. Keep us posted on his progress.

Nice Fella

Good luck and get well Lunk! Don’t forget the sling under his back 40.

jerry b
    western WI

Good luck and get well Lunk! Don’t forget the sling under his back 40.

MX, suspect it was a hidden gene that got the best of the guy. Thankfully he was surrendered to a no-kill rescue and they are getting him patched up. The sling for his “back 40” is always with me should he show signs of stress. I let him pick his way along and give help as needed. He’s getting stronger and remains as flexible as he was before the overhaul. We go back for a check-up the end of the month. . . .jerr

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Very nice jerr, here’s to a quick and full recovery.

jerry b
    western WI

Update on the Lunk- – back in hospital for a tune-up. He dislocated his hip and the doc had me bring him back so he could replace the existing ball for one with a longer shoulder. This one will be harder to dislodge but will somewhat limit his range of motion. Poor little guy, if it weren’t for bad luck he wouldn’t have any- – -jerr

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That just bites the big one. Poor guy can’t catch a break.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It is so nice to see you taking care of your best buddy. I wish you all the best. Our 4 legged friends are irreplaceable and a big part of our lives. Take care.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.