Refinery fire in Superior WI

• mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Here is information regarding the incident via the National Weather Service:

URGENT – IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
    CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE
    DOUGLAS COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
    RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DULUTH MN
    131 PM CDT THU APR 26 2018

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY.

THIS IS AN URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE DOUGLAS COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT, TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE DOUGLAS COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY SUPERIOR WI.

DUE TO A FIRE AT THE HUSKY REFINERY IN SUPERIOR WISCONSIN, EVACUATIONS HAVE BEEN ORDERED. THE LOCATIONS AFFECTED ARE:

3 MILES EAST AND WEST OF THE REFINERY. THESE AFFECTED PEOPLE SHOULD GO TO UW SUPERIOR.

10 MILES SOUTH OF THE REFINERY, THESE AFFECTED PEOPLE ARE TO GO TO 4 CORNERS ELEMENTARY, AT 4465 EAST COUNTY ROAD B IN DOUGLAS COUNTY.

CHECK http://WWW.DOUGLASCOUNTYWI.ORG AND LOCAL MEDIA FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Mark

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

WOW

glenn57
    cold spring mn

we have our field boilermaker union members in there. there were no casualties as our up north field rep is over there. our guys had just gone to break before the explosion as they were working on or near the equipment that blew. last i heard 6 went to the hospital as there were other crafts working in there as well. our dispatcher said the guys are really shaken by this.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

They aren’t kidding about the evacuation….just came back from taking my wife to the airport. Everything on highway 2 on the Superior side is closed – gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores . Smoke seems to be heading ESE at the moment. Earlier going to the airport from Lake Nebagamon noticed heavy traffic heading east on 2. Earlier they were saying no injuries – lately they said 14 hurt – one serious.

B-man

Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated.

If you or someone you know needs a bed for the night, please send me a pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.