Lockport Trip

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thank ICBC’s….and Rod…we should charge him

catfishrod

Dennis, I remember every trip up there. Somehow its engraved in the gray matter and gets played back during the season of the white. Mark is holding a darlin, huh? Looks to be the rear of the king of blues in the background also. Wern’t we under the wire there. I’m truly looking forward to meeting these guys that are hooting ya. Must go dream of large cats pulling my arms loose from my shoulder sockets.Keep em going. Later

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Wow Rod! you do have a very good memory. I did not realize though, you would be able to pick out Moyer in the background by looking at his rear end. Just kidding, can’t wait to get up there myself. It will be a blast—- again!

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey Bowfin, If my memory is right, which seldom it is, CA said that you once lived in Bismarck which is on the banks of the MO. I know that the MO has a good catfish population but I have never tried to catch a catfish in the Bismarck area. While you lived in that area did you go after cats or were you too busy chasing them snaugers. I am sure that is when you became such a great follower of your buddy Tony.

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Snauggerking,
    Sorry either your memory is wrong or C/A had it wrong.
    I lived in Brookings, South Dakota (the best job I ever had) And for those 7 to 8 months I did not fish (I had a lot to learn, and many, many many family issues), but I did go pheasent hunting a lot. And I drove alot back and forth to Stillwater. ( and Duluth and Mpls.)
    So you are wrong again. (but nice try)
    And it’s you with the micro bus anyway.
    See Ya ,
    Bowfin

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Just got word from Frank and Clark from NE that they will be there also. So that is catfishermen from NE, ND, KS, CO, MN, IA and IL that will be there for at least part of that week. It will be fun!

Come on Bowfin, the snaugers will be biting also.

Bowfinhunter

Snauggermaster,
    That is like 3 pictures in a row without you holding a snaugger or wallnut. By now you must be running low of pictures.
    I am yet still unsure of that weekend in August as of now I might be in “mealy worms” neck of the woods by mid-summer, but we shall see.
    See Ya,
    Bowfin
    P.S. A word to the wise Snauggermasterking, if mealy and crape Souz come up there and fish I would’nt

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

no worries on that bowfin, those sumo cats would snap all that 6lb test they use on the G Loomis ulta light rods but then again not not many kitys would be nailing that those minnows as they are trying to vertical jig the wingdams lol

Cattin_Addict

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think you could catch those kitties on 6 Lb test. You just have to know how to fish.

Gator Hunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

A word to the wise Snauggermasterking, if mealy and crape Souz come up there and fish I would’nt

GH, I think he’s worried that those cats are so easy to catch for experiance walleye fishers, that there won’t be any left. I don’t think BFH knows that good eye fishers practice catch and release, so other…less knowlegable people can have some fun too.

Lucky he’s going up to Flom’s Red River Service BEFORE I get up there. Don’t know if even Dennis the “cat god” could help him out.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey CA,
    Don’t knock those loomis rods—– they make great bait rods. You can actually reel something in with one besides “sticks”. And as far as getting in a “real” fish on 6 lb test, I think I have seen it done up there in the open deeper areas, trouble is, it takes all day. I am not sure a walnut hunter would have that much stamina.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Someone sent this to me with a note saying “you have now meet Bowfinhunter”. But I don’t think it’s him….no catfish tattos on his chest. C/A can you verify?

Bowfinhunter

Mealy now that is funny…
    You know what they say “if you put a monkey at a typewriter long enough even the brink will say something funny”…

Awsome post

Bowfin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bowfin…

You just wait until the ice is gone. I’m going to catch me a flathead with a tummy so large that if you took the guy above and layed him on top of the flathead…it would look like a pea on a 8 lane hiway!

It’s going to happen.

PS…BFH..check your hotmail account.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Hey Dennis,

I have heard that there will be another River Pro at the lock port trip , ill be picking it on on 04/05/2004
    Now maybe I wont be afraid of the St croix anymore, only had my other boat on it twice before, and after the second time, i had to get my lower unit replaced . I really like the idea of being able to shoot over logs and only need 3-4 inchs of water. Goodbye to proped boats

Whens a good time call you? I want to get something set up for some cats on a week night or two before these other snapperheads get up there but then again after a hour on the water they will be giving you back your rods and wanna come in cause the bugs are biting, you know how those wallnutters are

Cattin_Addict

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

C/A Congrats on the River Pro! Once you get it on the Croix..let me know, I’d like to see it.

Dennis? You have bugs up there?

Bowfinhunter

To,Mealy worm and Crape Souz

“GH, I think he’s worried that those cats are so easy to catch for experiance walleye fishers, that there won’t be any left. I don’t think BFH knows that good eye fishers practice catch and release, so other…less knowlegable people can have some fun too.”
    Mealy, come on in all fairness the D.N.R. forces you to practice catch and release by giving you a 16.25 to 16.5 inch slot to keep. What fun!
    Yes it is fun to pull a 1 pound pound fish that in all fairness fights like a 1/8th pound fish. Hey wait I don’t think thats fun, no fun at all. I have seen 1/4 oz. jigs put up a bigger fight.
    For me fishing is becoming more and more about comradery,
    which is hard to find up here, around every other tree is a wallnutter talking smack to me about catfish and carp.
    So I try to get together with like minded.
    Also unlike you two, I won’t dance with you to Air Supply rocks Barry Whites greatest hits Vol. IV
    But hey you two can live it up dudes!
    Bowfin

P.S. Mealy, I will check mt hotmail today

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey C-A,
    You will have fun with that RiverPro. You will see parts of rivers most people only dream about getting to. Last year at the end of the summer and into fall when the Red almost dried up, I had the only boat that could get around. It is kind of fun to have the river to yourself. I am home most evenings, give me a call when ever it is convenient for you.

Briank, don’t worry about bugs, I do not think I used even a full can of OFF last year and I am on the river every evening and I also always wear shorts. They do come out about 1 hour before sunset until about 1 hour after sunset. Sometimes the biting flys can be bothersome, especially before a rain. But who ever heard of flys following a catfish boat!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks Mr. ICBC’s, actually bugs don’t bother me, I was thinking more of my wife.

Looking forward to wet water and July!

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.