Catfish are picking up!

• icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

In the last few days the fishing for cats has really picked up as the water temperature has now made it to 60. The river is holding steady, somewhat low but navigable.

Expect the fishing to explode when we get some rain to raise the river levels again. Watch the weather forecast and if you see it raining here plan a trip immediately as fishing will be great.

Dennis

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Dennis what are you doing up at 0126 in the morning?
    I thought I was the only Jack-O without a real job.
    I was up there about a week ago and almost gave up my Catfish Club Membership Card talk about rusty.
    But 60 degree water temp.hummm?
    Thanks for the info see ya soon.
    Bowfinhunter.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hey Bowfinhunter,
    1:30 AM is the only time I have to be on the computer some days as working a fulltime job and fishing more than fulltime doesn’t leave me a lot of time for sleep so I just skip that.

Fishing this past weekend was not too bad as we boated over 100 cats with most being in that 3-5 lb range. The water temp was at 62 on Friday but has dropped to 59 as of Sunday. We did get 6 fish over 10 lbs this weekend.

It has been raining most of the day today so my guess is that the river will start rising within a day or two. That will really turn the cats on.

I have to go and get some rest as I have to fish every day now for quite some time.

Hope to see you up here,

Dennis

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

Yup..Yup..them Kitty’s are on the feed!

The walleye (Them other green fish) have been feeding again in post spawn mode. Last night was great, cat..then walleye..then cat..then another eye..kept me busy.

With the new rains it should just get better too.

Your neck of the woods has been especially productive Dennis, all season really.

If you looking for numbers of nice med-sized white and Red Tailed suckers, the Kidder Dam area is thick with them this season.

Good Fishing to all!

[email protected]

Eh…Dennis we are headed up North on May 27th-30th of May. If you can pop up we should have and extra bunk for you, we are staying at Stu’s.

icatchbigcats
    Red River of the North

Hi Ed,
    Unfortunately I will be fishing this strectch of river while you are catching the hogs up north. I will be making a quick trip up there the week after though, so let me know how you do.
    I have enough suckers in the freezer to last me most of the year. I hit them hard while you were chasing those ugly green fish. I filled every freezer I own. Must have 4-5 hundred. It just gives me chills thinking of all the catfish we are going to catch with all that bait.
    I did not see you in town over the weekend, we did quite well on numbers and size but I did move my pontoon home as everything is just easier to fish here.
    I am going to visit Steve in a few days and bring home his RiverPro. Can’t wait to try it out on this river, should be fun.
    Hope to see you on the river soon,
    Dennis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.