July Reports

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Was out last night for about three hours trying out an area that I had’nt ever fished, now I know why. Worked an area about a mile long looking for good breaks and fished the pockets as well. We ended the night with two cats caught on the shallow side of a hole. I’m figureing that they were moving into the shallows for the evening feed when the happen upon our baits. Going out again this weekend so more reports will be coming.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Nice looking fish Lands. Look forward to more reports and pics. Love2Fish

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If I could only catch two channels like that one tomorrow night…I would be a very…very happy man!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well the end of July already. Haven’t been out as much as I’d like but the river has been keeping me off. With little to no rain the river is getting very shallow. Heard last week that the catfish league had 25 boats run and five of those did something to there motors or props and didn’t get much fishing in. Just today I heard reports of a boat being grounded in the middle of the river and the guy standing ankle deep tryen to pull it off the mud bar he ran up onto. With the river being this low I just don’t want to head out and tear my motor up. Hope all understand, I’d rather be giving reports then just watching the river slid by. Just might hit a lake or two in the mean time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I hear ya buddy!

I’m going to change the name of this river to Lake Mississippi!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.