June Reports

• landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Haven’t been able to make it on the river yet. WIth all the rain we have had lately its maken it very tough getting out. The river keep going up and the logs keep coming down. We just need to get some stable weather for a week or so. But the way this summer is going I dought that is going to happen. Anyway I check the water table from the towns up stream and there seems to be alot of water moving our way, I’ll keep you posted on to what is going on with the river.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well I was right there is alot of water moving this way. The Red River here in Grand Forks hits Flood stage at 28 ft. As I type this the river is at 32.83 and it will be going higher. With what I now of this river it will be weeks before we can get on it, and thats if this rain ever stops. Why why the fishing had been so good up to this point of the summer. Well it might be a while before I can really post any fishing reports for the Red but I will keep you posted on when we can get back on it. Soory but thats the best I can due when the River is Flooding.

emover
    Malcom, IA

that’s about it lands, other than maybe find those ark plans
    hang in there

dave

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

And now there saying it might hit over forty ft.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was in Devil’s over the weekend. I can not believe the amount of water you guys have in that part of the state. The ditch from GF to Fargo was full the whole way. The Sheyenne and ever little stream was bursting with water. I kept commenting that we could waterski from GF to Fargo if it weren’t for the over-passes. Hopefully she goes down fast and you can get back on the river.

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Latest update. The river is just to high to get a boat on. I went down to check it out and was in shock when I came to the top of the hill. Here is a picture I took of the high water. You can see the small tree in front of the truck and the large cottonwoods on the bank of the far side. When the river is fishable the cottonwood tree bases on the far bank are fifthteen feet above the water level.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ewwww!

Looks like you have time to come down to the Metro area…I’ve got the boat!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Well the river was going down about 2 ft a day. It was starting to look like we just might be able to get on the river over the 4th. NOT, heavy rains hit again south of us dumping over five inches in areas and its all got to run into the river and this way.

All I want to do is go fishing. So Braink don’t get mad if I go Eye chasen. I just have to wet a line its been awhile

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Dude did you just get some rain up there or do you have about a foot of ice too?
    Why on Gods green earth would you even admit to fishing for
    Green carp. God man, you live in Mecca why (ever) fish for anything else…..
    Jeese sit on a bank (on the Red) and just look, or at worst drive the 5 hours down here I am sure Mealy worm (aka Brink)
    would be glad to bring you out.
    You could both talk at lenght about the delicacies of the famous green carp limp wrist jiggin technique. (You are both Protege of the great Tony D follower and limp wrist jiggin inventer Icatchsmallsnauggers) but Man YOU LIVE IN MECCA.
    See ya

Bowfin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Note to self…remind Landscat not to mention ‘eyes in this forum…

Glad to hear the level is coming down..we haven’t seen any pictures in a while!

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

Briank, man you say the word “eye” here and you get blasted. Why is it that every time I say eye people jump to think Walleye or green carp. OK everyone for the LAST TIME I was going to go fishing GOLDEYE we use them for bait.

Think they bought it

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I did!

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hi lands(green)carp,
    Oh I did not know you were talking about MoonEye, that is much better, Sorry my bad.
    See ya,

Bowfin

landscats
    North Dakota, USA

July 31 report. Went out at noon and man was it hot. Fishing seems to be pretty slow in the hot afternoons this time of year. We moved from snag to sang, hole to flat etc. and ended at 8pm with three cats, 8,6,2 pounds. My son also caught 3 Goldeyes. Its should only improve from here with the water starting to hold at a more study depth.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.