Red Lake

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Disturbing. Just another reason I am looking to leave this state.

orve4

Looks like 1-2 years left of fishing?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Not too shockingly – my prediction has started to come true.

If this was taking place in some states, I’d not be that worried. Here in MN I’d give this a coin toss probability of happening.

CaptainMusky

If this was taking place in some states, I’d not be that worried. Here in MN I’d give this a coin toss probability of happening.

Id say its better than 50/50 that this will go through

jumpingeorge

Does anyone know the actual rationale behind the action? Is it restoring an earlier treaty or something similar?
    The 1 mile buffer zone around the lake was a surprise to me, lots of homes, businesses, heck most of Waskish falls within that area.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

flame flame flame this stuff really urine’s me off!!!!if thats the case they stay on there reservation..fend for themselves an no leaving!! make there own goods, power, gas….

and i’m far from a racists…….but good gawd!!!!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Does anyone know the actual rationale behind the action? Is it restoring an earlier treaty or something similar?
    The 1 mile buffer zone around the lake was a surprise to me, lots of homes, businesses, heck most of Waskish falls within that area.

According to the MPR article, “Currently, a handful of off-reservation businesses are located within the proposed boundaries.”……

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The weak leadership in this state is just trash. Yeah a handful, ever drove around the lake and took a peak? WTF flame

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The weak leadership in this state is just trash. Yeah a handful, ever drove around the lake and took a peak? WTF flame

Absolute woke city trash.

Stanley

I understand that the natives of this county have probably gotten screwed by treaties of the past but they can’t just pick and choose parts of them that benefit them. The whole treaty then has to be honored even the parts they don’t like if we want to keep things fair.

CaptainMusky

The whole treaty then has to be honored even the parts they don’t like if we want to keep things fair.

Yeah there are a lot of things in those treaties that they wouldnt like. Including in ND if there are more than 4 natives together off the reservation its considered a war party and they could be shot on site if you are in a covered wagon. Pretty sure no one wants that to be enforced.

Norsky

I highly encourage everyone to call/email their state legislators and congressional reps and senators and voice your opinion. This is absolutely ridiculous. We already lost a state park…

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Remember this come voting time.
    The leaders in this state are becoming increasingly hard to tolerate.
    What a joke.
    I like Glenn’s idea. They can have it. Then they are on their own. No assistance from the evil white man.
    It’s times like these that make me wish we could go back to the old days.
    If you want our land, we can fight for it.

mojogunter

She won’t respond if you do not live in her district. Nice

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. If you need immediate assistance please reach out to my Legislative Assistant, Tenzin Tsangyang, at [email protected] or 651-297-5003. Your thoughts and questions are very important to me and I personally read every email I receive. Due to the large volume of emails I receive, I am only able to respond to residents in district 60A which is composed of Northeast Minneapolis and Southeast Como. It is taking me much longer than usual to respond to constituents. If you are a resident of my district and your original message does not include your mailing address, please reply with that.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How can the tribe possibly support this? They work and own businesses up there. Do they really want to lose all that traffic? And for what? I would love to see a tribal representative voice concern about this possibility. If not then I am all in against their side.

FinnyDinDin

This is the Democratic Party. Hopefully people remember this come vote time.

This is just some land of cows and rocks. I’m sure the liberals would love to give some away to earn some woke credit.

Minnesota seems to be trying to one up California with their wokeness.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m not a huge URL guy. I have fished it maybe 15 times or so…and haven’t now for 2 years again. We may have to get it back on the books for this Winter as a “one last hurrah” type trip.

This would exponentially multiply the traffic LOTW sees as a body of water that supports wheelhouse traffic for a long period of times. Mille Lacs doesn’t seem to get that many weeks where the big rigs have relatively free run.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

If they pull this off you can bet Mille Lacs and Vermillion are next.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i just fired off emails to my reps!!!!!1

Umy
    South Metro

I emailed my legislators. I live in Eagan
    Bianca Virnig
    Jim Carlson
    Angie Craig
    Amy Klobuchar
    Tina Smith

I am writing to express my concern over HF4780.This is one more step to fix a problem that does not exist.  Have the tribal members been consulted completely on this case?  Revenue streams from the use of this lake fuel many different coffers in this state.  Tourism revenue is a large part of what makes Minnesota so attractive. This has all the earmarks of “another solution to a problem that does not exist” and yet another waste of already over taxed dollars from your citizens.  I am NOT  a Red Lake fisherman but instead concerned about the spending priorities of our current leadership. I can assume then that, as a sovereign nation, the Red Lake band will now manage their own education, energy, police and other vital “national” needs?
    Fortunately for this state, the volume of time and money wasted by the Democratic Party on matters like this will not be forgotten by your voting public. Police and fire services, taxes, immigration, SCHOOLS and the cost of living are far more pressing matters.  I urge you to consider that when you go to vote “for what YOUR constituents” want. Thank you 

Reef W

They claim the map the tribe drew during negotiations of 1889 treaty showed their border encompassing the lakes fully and then the government came back with the current map saying it was what was agreed to. Not sure what supporting evidence there is for that though, haven’t looked.

OG Net_Man

I tried to educate myself on the subject several months back. Between a couple of different treaties along with the Dawes act it was quite convoluted.

Just another reason to kick in the a$$ anyone whom voted these yahoos in to office.

topshotta

to those who say “this is the dems” or “thanks Walz”, consider this: there are 67 different mn house members who can make up almost anything they want and call it a bill. The recent White Earth land grab bill was tabled after last week’s hearing, which means it is not at all likely to get a vote by committee deadline (3/22), Many of the opposing voices, including my representative, ARE DEMOCRATS. This bill is up against the same deadline, and it will end up in the same place as the White Earth land grab bill, the trashcan.

MX1825

The same BS going on in WI but we still have split politics in Madison. Thank God!

When push comes to shove it is time to PUSH back HARD!!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

to those who say “this is the dems” or “thanks Walz”, consider this: there are 67 different mn house members who can make up almost anything they want and call it a bill. The recent White Earth land grab bill was tabled after last week’s hearing, which means it is not at all likely to get a vote by committee deadline (3/22), Many of the opposing voices, including my representative, ARE DEMOCRATS. This bill is up against the same deadline, and it will end up in the same place as the White Earth land grab bill, the trashcan.

I agree in part.

However, this isn’t just going to go away. It will be revisited and proposed repeatedly until it’s attached with some other spending proposal/legislative change that entices more people on the fence to get on board. This is likely just a “feeler” to see where support lies and a more driven effort will follow in future sessions.

FinnyDinDin

to those who say “this is the dems” or “thanks Walz”, consider this: .

Did you read the article? Here is the first sentence – ‘A group of House Democrats introduced legislation’…

So yes the democrats are responsible for this garbage bill. They also are the ones the introduced the garbage to give white earth MN state land.

They probably realize the bill has little chance of passing and are just trying to look woke. What they don’t realize is all this accomplishes is further division between natives and non-natives. It just brings up ill feelings from the past. Just like the slave repatriations. It seems like dems like to drive racial division in this country.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Red Lake’ is closed to new replies.