Recommend a guide for Vermillion River / Pool 3 backwaters

• BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’m looking to explore these backwater areas without learning the hard way about sandbars and stumps, as well as pick up on some fish. Any guides you can recommend that have carnal knowledge of this area and finned critter movements?

I’m thinking maybe early after ice out to chase some crappies and perch where some of this may be inland waters with the option of netting some nice walleyes in the pool 3 border water area. Such a shame I live so close to this and don’t utilize it.

Or if any of you fine members that are familiar with it want a partner in the boat and some reasonably sane company, I’d be down with that. Your boat or mine, food beverages gas and maybe a good bottle of whisky to take home with you is on BHM.

Early season would be nice but that invite remains open ended. I don’t discriminate against the season.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Far as i know, nobody guides on pool 3 until the confluence heats up, which only happens after St Croix ices out.

Usually i see Griz snooping around the confluence a week or two too early.

Backwater guides this time of year on 3 – Nope.

Post spawn you’ll see a tournament fishing the lower end of pool 3 for spawned out females. That’s a hint on when to be where.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Yeah Griz not my cup-o-tea with all due respect to him. Hoping somebody pops up.

I’m thinking ahead a few weeks, April or so

Deuces

Hope this name is right, Tim mathieson? Owner of Prescott baits I believe. Him and some other guys guide down there, think they posted their services here last fall.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Marty Hahn will also do pool 3 as far as I know. My guess is he is pretty booked right now though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.