Reach

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

For you guys fishing out of the 1890 or 2090 tillers is the beam to wide? Do you find the reach to be to far to comfortably fish, either jigging or trolling? I’ve always wondered about the new wide beam boats if it was getting to be to wide. The rear of the Warriors seem well laid out but it’s a long ways from the seat to the outside of the boat. grin

Opinions?

jerry b
    western WI

My Warrior 1890 is a perfect fit with a 72″ rod from my “office” chair. I can lean back, put my feet up and still take care of business woot jerr

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks Jerr, is there anything you don’t like about your 1890? Anything you would change if you could?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I put a slider seat on mine that helped. Never had an issue fishing over the side, but was slightly uncomfortable to hold the throttle and control the remote steering. The slider seat closed the gap and now I can sit comfortable when making a long run.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Still in love with the Warrior Pete?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Still in love with the Warrior Pete?

From a fisherman standpoint, it’s hard not to be. It’s not the fastest but it sure fishes nice and handles great. The boats been great and that 140 Suzuki is simply awesome (quieter and trolls the same as my 40hp Yammy on my jon boat…!)

That said, with a 14month old at home now I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t crossed my mind about going back to a console boat. I’ve flip flopped back and fourth about listing it for sale but haven’t done anything because I do really like it.

Time will tell but whatever I do, I have zero regrets. It’s a fantastic boat.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Little Kevin did make a few trips last year tho ;)

He should be in a lot better shape this year!

Attachments:
    1. kmanboat.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Due to advanced old age I can’t remember if you have a 1890 or 2090 Pete. Those Suzuki’s are nice motors. I have a 200 hp and am really impressed with it.

Nice lookin’ kid, I’m sure he will love the boat in a couple of years. Be sure you let him play with the minnows in the live well. grin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.