Rapala DT Series

• Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

I’m pretty new to trolling so I don’t understand how you know if a crank bait is running the depth you want it to unless I can feel it hit the bottom. Anyway was looking at the rapala DT series and have a couple questions for any one that knows. Is there a certain amount of line and speed combo you need for these? And is there a certain line you need to use? I’ve read a lot of posts and articles talking about different diameter braids and mono for trolling. I don’t understand how these baits could always run at a certain depth but if they do that would be a great advantage for me to know I was at least at the correct depth.

tso
    Coon Rapids,MN

Search online for Precision Trolling, The Troller’s Bible. It gives you the depth curve for a wide range of lure manufactures along with the different lure models.
    Me and a couple of friends reserved a day on the water with Brad Juaire. He offers a clinic that teaches you the A to Z on trolling. I believe there is a way to read past articles he has written on IDO or search Open Water Trolling to get some details on his clinics.

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

Thanks tso I’ll look for that info.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Look for Precession Trolling App on your mobile device. They are constantly adding new crank baits to the list. You can buy individual baits or the whole library.

red89
    Hudson

As far as I know the DT series is more of a casting bait, popular with bass guys. Maybe some walleye guys will chime in and say they use them too, but I haven’t heard of trolling them. I would assume they could run deeper if trolled.

mattgroff

Not sure but I think the dt’s are more of a casting bait as well. not sure on that but I have not trolled them. My main trolling bait is the sr series.
    But What the heck give em a go never hurts to try. Good luck.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As far as I know the DT series is more of a casting bait, popular with bass guys. Maybe some walleye guys will chime in and say they use them too, but I haven’t heard of trolling them. I would assume they could run deeper if trolled.

I like DT6s and DT10s when I’m casting for walleye on wing dams on the river. I’ve never trolled them but that doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t work.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I will have to say that I have caught more LM/SM on them versus eye/sauger. But as with all baits, they have a time and place.

FDR

matt

Have caught more than a few while trolling a DT10 on Pool#2.

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0351.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.