SHO and “nema” 2000 network?

• mkvwalleyes

Repowering my Ranger with a SHO. Got a few questions about the nema network.
    Has anyone hooked up a Yamaha to a nema 2000 network?
    Does anyone know what it will show?
    Will it work with a lcx 27?

Anyone running a SHO on a 619? What prop are you running?

Thanks for any help
    MV

gdickmeyer
    millelacs

i guess i dont know what the “sho” is to what you are refering too? i run a 2000 and a 3000 on my ranger with 3 lcx 27,s what do need to know?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

i guess i dont know what the “sho” is to what you are refering too? i run a 2000 and a 3000 on my ranger with 3 lcx 27,s what do need to know?

“SHO” is in reference to the new Yamaha 4.2 liter four stroke outboards released last summer. The “SHO” motors are the 20″ shaft bass boat motors. The 25″ shaft 4.2 liter motors are called “off shore” and are a versions of the same outboard…. with a longer shaft.

No matter what you call them… they’re one heck of a strong running motor.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m excited to se your new rig James… I really want to see and hear that new Off Shore Yamaha

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I heard baby rumors from a friend & Yamaha tech that they might release the actual SHO verison (which just has some advanced weight reduction) in the 25″ next year. I think he was just hoping. Regardless, my new 620 will have the 4.2 SHO or off shore for SURE!!!

mkvwalleyes

Update on the network.
    Ran a 15 foot nema cable to the back of the boat. Got the Yamaha interface cable from lowrance and pluged it into the motor. Hooked the T up they shipped with it and it is done.
    Next just go on your Lowrance and program the overlay date you want. It has a bunch. RPM,temp,oil presure,hours,mpg,gph,trim and a few more. It was easy to do and you can set up your Lowrance any way you want.
    Parts were about 120 buck and a little time. Well worth the money in my eyes.
    MV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.