Ranger Angler 175T feedback

• Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Good Morning Fellas,

As the search for my next “ new to me” boat moves from window shopping to the hoping to purchase stage, I am looking for some feedback on the Ranger Angler 175t from those of you who perhaps own one / still own one / or even have fished in one. You generally do not see these for sale much and there are not a lot of conversations beyond a few youtubes and old links from when Ranger introduced it. The last guy I ran into running one when asked if he wanted to sell it replied “Sure, when I am dead ” and his wife was in the boat with him…

I generally fish the St Croix River for walleye 50 % of the time ( live bait rigging mostly, but do troll occasionally), and the other 50 % is for musky on smaller lakes (mainly casting with some trolling).

What do you like about it ?
    What do you dislike about it ?
    How do you like the ride ?
    How does it troll ?
    Have you used on any type of bigger water ?
    Do you have any type of tiller assist on the motor ?
    What would you consider a fair price for one ?

Thank you for your time

Paulski

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Have not been in one. Have looked at them on the water and at accesses though. There was (maybe still is) a really clean one for sale in MN last summer.

Curious why you want the 175 over the 618??

roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

Hi paulski, I sent you a private message as well. I know you mentioned a ranger, but I’m selling my Skeeter 1775T this spring, comparable to what you’re looking for. Please reach out if interested and we can talk more details

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Hi Charlie,

I have been running a 617 for the last 17 seasons, getting ready to hopefully retire soon, and I am just looking for something a bit smaller for my next boat.

Yes, there were 1-2 up for sale last year, but I was not at the point where I was ready to move on them. Missed out on the one down in Iowa also. I figured this was going to take some time though, so starting now.

Paulski

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.