Rain gear suggestions.

• Michael Best

I can’t speak for this stuff but I know Jason Przekurat was wearing it in the first episode of next bite.
    The packable set is under $200.

Not sure what I use. It’s from Cabelas and it is a packable set. I keep it in this little tiny back pack about the size of a 2 gallon zip lock back. Maybe a little smaller than that.

https://www.whitewaterfish.com/fishing-rain-gear

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I do have the carhart rain defenders as well, for both work and pleasure. I put them through pretty good abuse at work and they have held up well and still keep me dry.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I have a set of Grundons and a set of Frog Togs , both have their purpose , don,t break the bank and have met my needs .

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

For the guys running grundens and saying it’s what the commercial guys use, what set are you running? They have a actual commercial grade set and a bunch of other sets. 500 a pop down to 100 a pop.

Tony Nigon

If you can afford it, any jacket/bins in Goretex ProShell is the way to go. A season of guiding on the coast of Alaska made that very clear. Simms, Sitka, Arcteryx all use the same fabric; pro shell is pro shell.

tswoboda

If you can afford it, any jacket/bins in Goretex ProShell is the way to go. A season of guiding on the coast of Alaska made that very clear. Simms, Sitka, Arcteryx all use the same fabric; pro shell is pro shell.

Yeah there’s 3 different versions of Gore-Tex Pro (breathable, durable, and stretch). And then factor in different face fabrics and liners. Gore-Tex Pro jackets might all be good but they’re definitely not all the same.

jwellsy

I’m a loyal Columbia guy myself. Had a set of Columbia rainwear that I used for at least 15 years and the lining finally fell apart in the washing machine. I boxed it up and sent it in to their warranty dept (no receipts) and they replaced it with an even better set, no charge. You can’t ask for better CS than that. I was certainly pleasantly surprised.

stevenoak

Am I the only one that misses Frabill? Love my Storm-Suit and Sno-Suit, obviously designed by a room of hardcore fishermen. But just bought Simms last fall, haven’t got them wet yet. But fit and construction look good.
    I still have my 30-year-old Cabalas, Made in the USA camo rain suit. Not a loose thread, every zipper and snap work as they did when new. But the old technology doesn’t breathe. Keep in mind Cabela’s isn’t what it used to be, made in some 3rd world country now, cheap as possible now.
    Gunden commercial stuff is built for work. Buit heavy and more of a rubber technology. Maybe not best suited for recreational fishing. If you register as a customer with REI. They are having deep discount sales. They are having to close stores in Washinton, Oregon and California etc., where retail theft has been decriminalized. Frog Tog seems to be upping their game, going from cheaper to mid-range market.
    One thing I found. Simms and fishing minded companies think of pocket placement and the little things. Like a ring to snap your trolling motor remote where it’s handy to use and plier pocket, things like that.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I’ve been happy with my blackfish set because I don’t get too hot wearing it in the summer. Works well for me

AK Guy

For the guys running grundens and saying it’s what the commercial guys use, what set are you running? They have a actual commercial grade set and a bunch of other sets. 500 a pop down to 100 a pop.

I live in rain gear and have been wearing Grunden Brigg 40 jacket and Herkules bibs for 25 years. Not the most comfortable, but they hold up. My non work, dress up rain gear have been the Frogg Togg Pilot series. I like them too.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.