Question for Garmin guys…

• Aboxy17

Question for Garmin guys. I got the 73cv for ice fishing this year planning to put it on my boat for open water. Is the livescope transducer compatible with the 73 or is that only the PS22 transducer? I mainly target walleye so is the dropoff that much from the livescope to the PS22? I will be running it on a 16 ft tiller with the ducer pole Thanks for any help.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I do not have Livescope but the back side will have a rather large electrical port for Livescope. I thought it was only the uhd models.

Henpecked

If your 73 cv is a plus or UHD model yes. If it’s the older CHIRP model no for Livescope.

orve4

I purchased the same model last year and mine is able to use the live scope. I have not used it for that yet. I have used it for the side and down scan and I must say I really like it. I have used lowrance for ever but this unit is easy to operate

JoeMX1825
    MN

I think as long as it has a network port you’re good…

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

There is a pretty comprehensive link to get you started. As other have mentioned, the 73 chirp models are a no go for livescope. Also keep in mind you cannot just buy a lv32 transducer and plug it into your 73 cv, you also need the “black box” computer to network into the transducer and unit itself. Not sure if you were already aware of that or not, but I felt it was a worthy reminder. Would hate for anyone to buy the livescope ducer and expect to plug it in and work without the black box.

Edit link didn’t work: google garmin livescope compatible models, and the first option that appears to sportfishingbuddy has a nice chart to use.

Aboxy17

Thanks for the feedback guys! I do have the newer UHD model, not the Chirp. Looks like I can get the lv32 system for the same price as the ps22 ducer right now on the Bass Pro site. Might go to a 9-inch screen at some point but I do not have the need right now.

Red Reno

If you go with the 32 or 34 Trandsducer, you have to get the “black box” to plug the transducer into and then a network cord(and of course have to buy an adapter) that will go from the black box to the back of the unit. That black box is $499 I believe from Garmin.

Aboxy17

Does the black box not come with the lvs32 system? I thought everything came in that package or is it just the transducer?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Depends, you can buy them both ways. I have seen the ducer and black box kit that maybe came with a pole and a battery for $1200-1400.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

This is the best deal I have found recently. I have purchased from this place in the past and they had fast shipping. Another option is you could always find the identical part on Scheels website and live chat with them to see if they will price match. This is the older style transducer but does come with a black box.

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/gar010-01864-00-garmin-panoptix-livescopetrade-system.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAic6eBhCoARIsANlox87_yCK4ZIMst0Eb_51Hwwa6-5xuuTcuoimszIJjDf1TsGqcdnc0WmkaArReEALw_wcB

Tlazer

On Reeds website they have a video of a Livescope build for ice fishing. Would show you what you all need as far as cables and such for the Livescope. I have the 93sv and use both in the boat and for ice fishing. I purchased separate cables and base, that way when I switch seasons all I have to move is the black box and ps32 transducer. Since Garmin has come out with the 34 transducer you can find used 32 transducers reasonably priced from people who upgraded. I haven’t seen how much better the 34 is over the 32 and is it worth the price difference if you can find a used 32 transducer, I couldn’t answer. Might be in how much you would use it. As in all things electronic, here today outdated tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.