Question about bed rugs

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

My knees are taking a beating climbing in and out of the bed of my truck. Would like to get a bed rug to soften the blow. My concern is that with a bed rug I won’t be able to slide things in and out of the bed. For example a fish house. Does a bed rug make it impossible to slide items in and out of your truck bed?

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Is not a problem, items will stay put better than a liner, but slide when you need them. Absolutely love my bed rug, put it in my 2015 and looks almost like new with a few vacuuming’s a year. Wouldn’t have a truck without it. Not bad for taking a short nap under the topper if you need one!

troutbum
    St. Paul

Love my bed rug. Just slide some card board underneath.

Jason

I have had run Bedrugs in multiple trucks since 2012. Never had a problem and it’s great on the knees. I sometimes place a large sheet of cardboard or a sheet of 1/4 plywood over it if I’m sliding heavy things in there or trying to keep the mess out.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

Why are you kneeling in your bed? Maybe have a topper?
    I have a Husky brand rubber mat, but I don’t kneel on it.
    I keep a folding step stool at the tailgate for easy in and out.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I have a bed rug from my last 2013 silverado crew cab I totalled in February.
    I still haven’t installed it into the 2013 silverado I bought as replacement. So… likely willing to part with it, if interested. Just need to get velcro for the truck side of install. Located in Elgin MN

Sliding in fish house, no problem.
    Heavy pallet loaded with fork truck… don’t slide that. )

queenswake
    NULL

This was one of the reasons I grew to hate having a topper — especially worse on an 8 ft bed. I would yell at people who would throw stuff way in, which would mean I’d have to go crawl and get it or use my pushbroom I left in there as a hook to pull stuff.

So much nicer with the tonneau to just walk into the bed from the back step to get stuff.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have the bed spray lined first otherwise the rugs trap moisture. But they are nice to have. Either way I guess I don’t crawl in my box very often I just stand

bigcrappie
    Blaine

My F-150 has a step built into the tailgate that comes out with a handle to hold also. I see a new truck in your future……….

CaptainMusky

Guys complaining about crawling around under a topper when things are way in the front need to think ahead and get a topper with side windoors.
    I had a bedrug on my last two trucks and absolutely loved it. No issues sliding things in or out including my otter lodge fish house.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

And i thought it was going to be about an infestation ? LOL

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

i use a topper in the winter and a tonneau in the summer. the reason im always crawling around in the bed is because of the topper in the winter and hauling things in the truck bed in the summer. I haul my canoe and kayak in the truck bed for example and need to strap that in.

I didnt look at the price of these things before i posted this. $500!!! Im out. may look at the cheapie ones ive heard you can get at FF or look more closely at what reef posted.

@FishBlood&RiverMud you think that would fit in a Tundra model truck? i have a 5.5 truck bed

CaptainMusky

I use the heavy duty rubber matt. Would never want any carpet in my truck bed.

Its marine grade carpet and it doesnt get affected by battery acid, gas, oil etc. Id get it again in a heartbeat by my new truck will be coming with a bedliner and I will just put a rubber mat down.

Stanley

If it’s just for the floor what about some carpet from menards or something? Would be cheaper and easier on your knees.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

$500.00? I got mine for less than a couple hundred.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

If it’s just for the floor what about some carpet from menards or something? Would be cheaper and easier on your knees.

ya i think i have some old carpet laying around. thought about using that just didnt want to deal with the mold and nasty wet crap but that may be the best route for the time being due to it solving my problem and being free

Gitchi Gummi

Not sure what you are climbing in and out of your truck bed to grab, but I always keep a hockey stick in there to help fish out the stuff that I can’t reach

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Another big appeal of the bed rugs if you run a topper/tonneau is that they eliminate a bunch of the dust that would typically get into the bed. If you get the rug that goes over the tailgate too it essentially seals off the bed. Keeps your things much cleaner…especially if you do a lot of gravel travel in the fall.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure what you are climbing in and out of your truck bed to grab, but I always keep a hockey stick in there to help fish out the stuff that I can’t reach

So its like a hooking penalty then? jester

CaptainMusky

Another big appeal of the bed rugs if you run a topper/tonneau is that they eliminate a bunch of the dust that would typically get into the bed. If you get the rug that goes over the tailgate too it essentially seals off the bed. Keeps your things much cleaner…especially if you do a lot of gravel travel in the fall.

100%.I had little to no dust in my box because of this.

Gitchi Gummi

So its like a hooking penalty then? jester

depending on the object, it may start out with a little slashing but finishes with some hooking mixed in.

maddogg

If you have to crawl around in your truck bed you won’t regret getting a Bedrug.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I thought about a rug, but for now I keep a little entryway rug in there. Kneel on it when I climb in, can pull it out and use it for whatever else too. I’m new to having a topper just a few weeks ago. I love it, but it’s certainly one of those trade-offs.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

I guess I’m the odd man out. Hated my bed rug. Always dirty. But I use the truck for a truck. However, I have 2 buddies that have them and they love them.

PmB

Topper year round w a bedslide. Priceless. Tow a trailer if u need more room

snelson223
    Austin MN

I’ve had the same one since 2010. It’s had a topper over it pretty much the whole time. I would definitely buy again.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.