PS 31 Panoptix on the hard stuff

• papaperch

Redid my ice FF rig for this coming season. Last year Echomap 106 UHD with LVS 12.

This year 7 inch Echomap 73 sv UHD with a PS 31 panoptix. This is not a run and gun rig for sure. I have had great success in using the PS 31 in open water. Like having a bird dog find fish .

In open water fishing the PS 31 was shut off once fish were found and boat parked over the hotspot. See no reason why it won’t work on the ice. The standard ice transducer will then take over. IF fish move pull the switch and find them again.

My real old rig I used a PS 22. That was my best ice rig set up I ever owned and used. Would go back to that but can’t find one for as cheap as I sold mine. I let the LVS 32 livescope craze get to me. I hated that thing and should have never bought it. Played electronics technician more than ice fisherman. Anyway live and learn.

Used an old summit rig frame , installed a switch for PS31 , chunk of old pvc pipe for standard transducer with foam to cushion it inside. Rigged an old chunk of plastic for hole cover and PS 31 support. So many odds and ends I nicknamed it the frankie rig. Felt like Igor and Abby Normal help me assemble it. See pic to admire it’s ugliness.

20 Amp hour lithium battery . PS 31 draws .8 and 73 sv same amount even if ps 31 ran all the time battery would still provide more that 12 hr fishing time.

TOM

I like it! You have any video of this rig in action?

papaperch

Not yet may take down to local docks to try it out. Usually a few fish around them as it is off limits for fishing until Mid – October.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.