Prescott landing

• mrpike1973

Got Friday coming up off want to go to Prescott landing. How much is it and I have googled but cant find it is it a private or DNR landing any dock? From a previous post my understanding is I cannot game fish there or were the St Croix comes in correct? So I could catfish at least? Is there a place in Prescott to buy a one day license? Sorry so many questions just want to be safe and legal

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s been a few years since I’ve been down there but it was $13 a day. if you go to the city webpage it gives you instructions on how to order a year pass. The last one I bought was 15 years or so ago at $50 for the year.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

If you are downstream from the bridges in Prescott, you’re on the border water portion of the Mississippi. That is open year round for walleyes and saugers.

Your Minnesota license is good on that section of the river. No need for a Wisc license too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If you are downstream from the bridges in Prescott, you’re on the border water portion of the Mississippi. That is open year round for walleyes and saugers.

Your Minnesota license is good on that section of the river. No need for a Wisc license too.

What Charlie said. Just remember that it’s inland waters on the Mississippi above the St Croix as well, and closed to walleyes. One line (lure) above the confluence on the Mississippi even for cats.

John Knopf

The one plus of the Prescott landing is that they have a Credit Card / Debit machine to pay with, but it is an expensive launch compared to others in the area.

Good luck

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Jane at city hall said we can buy the season pass sticker at the ramp – they have a new machine this year.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Wouldn’t worry about fishing Prescott until st croix opens up And/or April 1.

Just how the fishes swim fellas.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.