Prepare for Riots

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I was listening to 830 on the way to work this morning and Vineeta Sawkar (a middle aged white Karen) was already fanning the flames…

Something to the effect of “Well, I watched the video and this is not looking good”

She said it at least four times in the short time I was listening.

Would you expect anything else from a white middle aged Karen who works for the media and probably lives in a Gated community in Edina ???

JEREMY
    BP

This is definitely getting old. Think these guys are just trying to get money for their family cause they arent any other way. If they havent figured out to quit being a criminal and running from the cops then their just plain stupid.

Umy
    South Metro

Sharon has it right – do stupid things – pay for it.
    Darwinism in effect here. Get this gene out of the “pool”
    It will be all about color and Vineeta should be required to do ride alongs and approach the car first – let’s see how he mindset changes after t hat.
    Has NO IDEA what cops go through.

Brad Dimond

Vineeta Sawkar is middle aged but not white, she is South Asian. The “Karen” reference has become so hackneyed as to be useless. That said, I don’t agree with her statements about the shooting.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was listening to Sawkar this morning also. She had an Attorney on that said that Cobb didn’t have a weapon.
    Cobb was dragging two Officers down the freeway with his weapon.

Now John Hines is on with the same mentality as Sawkar.

Good Grief

Deuces

To be clear he didn’t have a warrant out, as was explained by patrol during the conversation when he was still in car.

“”Troopers, he said, found Cobb was wanted in Ramsey County in connection with allegedly violating an order for protection – a “felony level violation” and attempted to take him into custody. It was not a warrant, Langer said, it was a “pickup and hold” request from Ramsey County authorities.””

After stirring on this w the facts available its just sad, but I see why the patrol did what he did. Guns and bullets are thought out b4 hand very carefully, correct me if I’m wrong but these guys typically use subsonic rounds w large expansion(hollow points) not only for knockdown power but also to eliminate shots that pass thru potentially causing further harm to others. If passenger side patrol had his gun close to the belly of the driver and when he took off being dragged it’s safe to assume that patrol didn’t know whether his partner was being dragged or even ran over as well, eliminate the threat. Still seems sketchy to shoot w those variables but I wasn’t there, and these folks know far more of what they were doing than we can on our pcs.

Hope my corner of the city here stays peaceful this weekend. Exactly one block down on Lyndale where the small protest took place has been a vigil regularly gathered by local folks for another incident where a MPD officer tboned and killed an innocent driver in pursuit of a fleeing suspect.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

It is possible that a tipping point was reached on rioting where enough people were badly affected by that stupidity that the pool of would-be rioters is too small for it to pop off. Plus, what political aims are achieved by the radical activists encouraging it right now?

That is my theory if riots don’t happen this time.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

It is possible that a tipping point was reached on rioting where enough people were badly affected by that stupidity that the pool of would-be rioters is too small for it to pop off.

I have to agree with what big_g wrote. Out of town instigators are on the way. That will be the spark that starts the fire….

-J.

B-man

Vineeta Sawkar is middle aged but not white, she is South Asian. The “Karen” reference has become so hackneyed as to be useless. That said, I don’t agree with her statements about the shooting.

She looks white as Wonderbread to me lol

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230802-110245.png

Bass Pundit

It will be interesting to see how Ellison handles things. This is basically Daunte Wright Part. 2, except the cop this time was shooting to kill, not by mistake. By the DW precedent, he should go for even more serious charges. But I don’t think he is going to do that. I think he will give them the out, saying it was justified that he didn’t give Kim Potter even though an officer was still in the car when DW took off. Kim Potter serving time was an abortion of justice.

tswoboda

She looks white as Wonderbread to me.

She’s 100% Indian, not the Native American kind.

Bass Pundit

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>
    She looks white as Wonderbread to me.

She’s 100% Indian, not the Native American kind.

It does kind of look like either she either had her skin bleached or a photographic filter. I remember her being much darker when she was younger. I was like, how does anyone mistake her for being a white woman? Then I saw that picture, and yep, she’s passable as white now.

big_g
    Isle, MN

um… yeah.

Attachments:
    1. Vineeta-Sawkar.jpg

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Coroner ruled his death as a homicide, just fuel for the fire.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just curious, what other Cause could it have been listed as ? Looking up what causes can be used on a death cert. here is the answer I found:

The classifications are natural, accident, suicide, homicide, undetermined, and pending. Only medical examiner’s and coroners may use all of the manners of death. Other certifiers must use natural or refer the death to the medical examiner. The manner of death is determined by the medical examiner.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    hom·i·cide

the killing of one person by another.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Homicide is the taking of another life. It’s a neutral term that renders no judgment.

wormdunker

Current StarTrib Headline, “Newly released Video Shows Black Motorists Fatal Shooting by State Patrol”. So if a person robs a store or murders someone, the paper cannot use the term. But to fan the flames of an officer involved shooting they can?

Honestly there should be an uncivil march on the StarTrib for their efforts to create news, fan flames of events like this. But will there be? no because civilized people wont act uncivilized.

Why doesn’t it just say MAN.

mark Mason

I’ve come to believe that protesters and rioters are two completely different sets of people. Left without police to control the population, people cannot be trusted and will take advantage of that void. They will steal, riot and loot as long as they aren’t stopped. The Minneapolis riots went on far too long before the authorities finally stepped in. I hope our State government officials have put a plan in place now to supplement the local police, but doubt it.

critter 1

Similar situation recently occurred in Vernon County Wisconsin in Genoa. Unarmed person took off with a Deputy being dragged. Deputy believed his life was in danger and was justified using deadly force to stop the threat. .

blackbay
    mn

My $ says there won’t be a riot or even a protest. Maybe a small gathering/protest by friends and family, but I don’t think there will be anything remotely like the GF or DW parties.

Dan
    Southeast MN

My $ says there won’t be a riot or even a protest. Maybe a small gathering/protest by friends and family, but I don’t think there will be anything remotely like the GF or DW parties.

I’m guessing if that happens a lot of people commenting in this thread will start a new thread about how they were wrong and just fear-mongering.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nothing will burn until they are directed to burn and loot by their masters

Liberal president, liberal governor, liberal mayor, liberal city, in a non-election year = nothing will happen

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blackbay wrote:</div>

I’m guessing if that happens a lot of people commenting in this thread will start a new thread about how they were wrong and just fear-mongering.

rotflol

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Random Question:

What’s the best storage plan for Molotov cocktails? Totes? A booze box? I’ve got quite a few whipped up.

Fight fire with fire.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blackbay wrote:</div>

People aren’t wrong today. They are either right or there is a conspiracy hiding the truth

shefland
    Walker

correct. man killed, should not matter what race he was, media fanning the situation

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.