Anybody want to head West for coyotes?

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I would love to take a quick trip out West to do some coyote hunting.
    I was thinking if you got a few guys together, it would be fairly cheap if you split gas costs and such.
    Since I am laid-off, I have nothing but time until March or so.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Wow, am I that bad of a person to not even have 1 reply?
    Heck, I wouldn’t even pull the trigger, just do the calling. I have lots of places wecould get on near Gillette, WY or the Northeastern Plains of Colorado. Each are about 12-14 hours depending on where you go. I am sure there are public lands in the Dakotas or even Nebraska which are a litle closer.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

id never want to hunt with you You cant go that far and not pull the trigger, if anything you should be charging people to go out there, you know your stuff i can say that! keep me updated!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Hello Watson! I’d jump at that opportunity in a second if I only had the time and the $!!! Good luck!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’d agree, the problem isn’t you. I’d love to head west and pound some canines but doing what I do for a living, time is something I just don’t have very much of…..but man….I’d love to go!!!

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

where out west were you thinking? Nodak, Sodak Montana, CO, neb. ???????? could be very fun

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

CENTRAL NORTH DAKOTA ALONG THE SHEYANNE RIVER IS FULL OF YOTES. I’VE HUNTED THERE MANY TIME AND HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING PERMISSION FROM THE LANDOWNERS. THE YOTES READILY COME TO A JACKRABBIT IN DISTRESS CALL. IF YA SEE THE BIG HERDS OF DEER THE YOTES ARERN’T FAR BEHIND. BRING SNOWSHOES THOUGH, MY CONTACTS THERE SAID THE SNOW IS DEEP BUT THE YOTES ARE HUNGREY! IF OUR CLUB WASN’T PUTTING ON A COYOTE HUNT CONTEST NEXT WEEKEND IN FAIRMONT I’D GO WITH YA. BUT……….?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Mike, I thought you only trapped??? I have been pounding a few new farms around here. Nice, because everyone is fed up with the houndsmen tresspassing, so I have been greated with many new acres this year.

Unfortunately, I burned too much vacation time last year and need to pay for it now… But, if you want to get together in WI, let me know. I was thinking of an ice-waleye/ calling coyote weekend

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The pipe dream is once again just that, a dream
    Several factors came into play that will not allow me to head west this year.
    1. My employer just laid-off an additional 30 people
    2. I started the EMT class and I can’t miss a single day there.
    3. I paid for the class out of my own pocket, which was my going out west fund

Oh well, there is always next year

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What do you have going on this Sunday? I might be able to run up there for the day

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Randy-I am not able to walk very far right now. I slipped and rolled my ankle on Tuesday night and now have an air cast on. I am walking a little better, but not good enough to be on rough terrain yet

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Bummer! I’ll be by my place near Richland Center tonight and through Sat morning. I changed scopes on my 22-250 to the 3×12 Burris and need to site it in. Then, I’m hunting!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.