Prairie Dogs – SD/ND – need advice

• Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

I’ve been out to SD a few times, but always through an outfitter. The outfitter is no longer offering prairie dog hunts/shoots. I’m now looking for a new place, but possibly for 2-4 of us instead of just me.

Recommendations in SD or ND that aren’t priced at $400 per person per day?

Thanks in advance! Reply here or PM me here.

Scott

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Might as well ask for a trophy walleye spot! )

See PM

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Custer park has a bunch of prairie dog towns.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I didn’t think they allow PD shooting in Custer. I didn’t google too far but found this. Either way, pre scouting via the interweb pays.

“Too bad you can’t shoot them in Custer Park. There are a lot of dogs but they are a tourist attraction more than anything.”

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I didn’t think they allow PD shooting in Custer. I didn’t google too far but found this. Either way, pre scouting via the interweb pays.

“Too bad you can’t shoot them in Custer Park. There are a lot of dogs but they are a tourist attraction more than anything.”

They don’t allow speeding either but people still dot it…. chased
    Have you tried asking the land owners out there? I think a lot of them are along the river.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

Most of the dogtowns I have run across in the Little Missouri National Grasslands of western ND are smaller.You might get a few hours in at best,before thier educated and your off looking for another.
    I have hunted a good chunk of western ND and cant say I have ever seen a dogtown 2-4 guys are gonna burn thier barrels out on.
    The grassland maps that are available do show some dogtowns,but I recomend gps mapping like ONX,because propety line are pretty intermingled.
    McKenzie and Slope county tourism might be a good source of information.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.