Pot stirrers

• Ripjiggen

Thanks for the hard work John!!! As someone said earlier less pissing more fishing would be good for everyone. I don’t think anyone on this site can disagree with that.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The biggest problem I see is bad moderation, thus basically agree with Matt’s supposition 100%. You should at least be able to send the individual an email with an warning, or explanation of why they are blocked, banned or marked as a spammer. I even took the time to email and ask the ptb about getting booted and if it was maybe in haste?

Basically, if you disagree or present an alternative thought pathway, you aren’t welcome here. Oddly, the limiting of ideas by banning folks off the cuff is exactly the opposite of allowing a multitude of ideas as james professed while allowing a political discourse and professing his love of Trump.

Again, bad moderation is the leading cause of IDO become a closet.

Strongly disagree Sean. You see other forums completely collapse. IDO is the best forum out there largely because they don’t clamp down too hard which encourages more traffic and more points of view. Start banning topics here left and right and be prepared to listen to crickets.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I’ve mentioned this in other posts. I prefer to remain mostly hands off. I ask for your help in rooting out the posts or replies that contributing members find offensive. Please send me PM’s call or text me. My real phone number is in my profile!! 99% of the moderating I do here is move posts to correct forum. Fix page links. Correct some obvious typos. Most individual posts that I’ll delete have nothing to do with the original topic and have degraded to name calling. Pure SPAM accounts get dusted off immediately. Every election cycle we have these same conflicts of interest. This year is remarkable to say the least. It’s like it June and there is still a foot of snow on the ground! Part of the reason I set up the poll. I want to make sure I understand what IDO members think and how they want to see the site moderated. Lots of great comments. We certainly can do a better job.

I guess a perfect moderator would never make any posts. Never have a public opinion. Remain some unseen robot behind the scenes editing and deleting posts all day keeping everything and everyone pinched into a tight corner. IMO that will and has killed a lot of discussion forums. For me, given the choice to Moderate or Participate here. I’d give up moderating in a heartbeat. My only interest is what is best for IDO. Not going to get that right every time!

Again, “In my personal opinion” most all IDO users who end up getting banned have a few things in common. They are extremely intelligent and well educated, but little or no common sense. They have some unfounded belief that their presence here posting on IDO is somehow more important than everyone else. If they were to leave or get banned, the entire IDO world would collapse in short order. It’s not any single post that trips a trigger. It’s almost always what is written in PM’s sent to other Members, Mods or James. So from the outside, an IDO user may think, “I liked that guy, wonder why he got banned?” More than likely it was a PM.

If this describes “you”, you would be better off creating your own Facebook Group or Website. Run it as you like. P.S – Find good moderators!

-J.

Jon you do a great job and it’s a thank-less job. Don’t listen to some of these guys who apparently like to whine.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

You see other forums completely collapse. IDO is the best forum out there largely because they don’t clamp down too hard which encourages more traffic and more points of view. Start banning topics here left and right and be prepared to listen to crickets.

True dat, I’ve seen it before and it is a sad way to see a once lively site wither and die.

Jon you do a great job and it’s a thank-less job. Don’t listen to some of these guys who apparently like to whine.

I agree here too, thanks Jon for a thankless role…and let’s not forget BK either. I know he’s the Wizard, not just the man behind the curtain. jester

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.