posterial tibual and peroneal tendoitus

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I’m finally getting in to see the podiatrist tomorrow to deal with my foot injury. With no help with the primary doctor who set up the podiatrist appointment after research of symptoms and deductive reasoning I’m thinking I have narrowed down my foot ailment to posterior tibual and peroneal tendonitis. Ofcourse I may be wrong and know not to tell the doctor what is wrong. lol

I’m trying to be prepared to be able to ask the right questions to the doctor tomorrow. So if anyone has any insight be great to hear it. I do know it is nearly impossible to walk or twist for the last 7 days on my right foot. Icing helps bring the swelling down and light stretching helped at the beginning. Now its only icing I can do.
    Last night I woke up at 3am with an unbearable shooting pane that took an hour to combat the pain with ice. I think it was from one those semi involuntary body stretches I get when I’m half a sleep.

Iowaboy1

so if I may ask,with you needing to see a podiatrist,the guy you got in a scuffle with,does he need to see a proctologist???

sorry,couldnt help it.

Trent W
    Chatfield, MN

Gout is typically associated with the big toe, but can show up in any joint. When I was dealing with the unbearable pain of gout, I had flare ups in my big toe, mid foot, ankle and knee.

My gout was first diagnosed by a podiatrist who I was referred to by my primary doctor. After a few visits with my primary doc for severe foot and ankle pain like you are describing, he sent me to the podiatrist. First thing the podiatrist asked after the introductions was “So…anyone ever checked for gout?” Once I got it under control, I haven’t had a problem for the past 3 years.

It would definitely be worth mentioning at your appointment if it hasn’t been investigated before.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Who would have thunk retrieving ones foot from a posterior would result in posterior tibula tendonitis.

so if I may ask,with you needing to see a podiatrist,the guy you got in a scuffle with,does he need to see a proctologist???

sorry,couldnt help it.

Who would have thunk retrieving ones foot from a posterior would result in posterior tibula tendonitis.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

@trentw
    The primary asked I there was history of gout and I had none so he tossed the idea aside and said it looks like tendonitis and gave me a ankle brace and the referral. Definitely will keep gout in the conversation.
    Planters fasiitus also.
    Thanks Trent W.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I have the planters fasitious, gawd awefully painful. If it’s that they will cast you for shoe inserts at 400 bucks, what was the last time. That cones from little or no instep. Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.