Lowrance Electronics question

• TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

I just noticed while skimmin through my Instruction manual for my X85 and X65’s that there is a notice that the storage temperature for these units is from -4 degrees f to +167 degrees f . EXTENDED storage at temps higher and lower than these will damage the liquid crystal. Im worried about the low temp here, the -4 degree part of this is what worries me. Everyone on the board knows that around here you can have, on a normal winter, a month or more of -20 degree weather during the winter. Wondering what Lowrance considers EXTENDED time at this temp, 2 days 2 weeks 2 months? Lowrance also makes it clear that this kind of damage isnt covered by the warranty. I use my boat year round but I’m starting to think that next winter Im gonna have to bring the units in the house between trips.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Extended is usually anything more than “temp shock,” which is a test they run which is a brief excursion outside of the upper and lower limits. By brief, I mean a matter of minutes.

I bring mine inside for the winter and put in in the basement with the batteries for the boat and motorcycle. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.