Lakemaster chip Pool 2????

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I got the new Lakemaster chip with Pool’s 1-8. I fished Pool 2 this weekend only to find that about a 2 mile stretch of the middle of Pool 2 is missing What gives? Thats a nice stretch of river. Is it just my chip or did they forget to map it???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There shouldn’t be any gap that I’m aware of. I’ve never seen a block of missing info on a map chip so I’m not quite sure how that would work. You’ll be best served by calling Lakemaster to get an answer. If you’re missing data that’s supposed to be there I’m sure they’ll have a fix out to you in short order.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Do you have a new 2009 chip? (These are still being sold as new in many stores) Or do you have the new-new 2010 chip with the contour lines on Pool 2?

-J.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

It’s the 2010 chip, it had just come out at Cabelas a week before I bought it.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

It’s missing the stretch from just south of the 494 bridge to the old railroad bridge.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I have the 2009 chip. Just curious. I’m upgrading to the 2010 as soon as I can.

-J.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I sat in the garage yesterday and marked so spots on pool 3 and low and behold another chunk of river that isn’t mapped, I am going to call them and see whats up? If anyone else has the new chip do me a favor and move your cursor thru mid pool 3 and see if you also are missing chucks of the river……..Thanks

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

SIPPI: Did you ever get this resolved yet?
    I just checked my new 2010 Lakemaster Chip and found 3 sections of Pool 2 missing, 3 sections of Pool 3 missing and one section on Pool 5 missing. I did not scan down river any farther than that though.
    I’m just wondering if you talked with Lakemaster about this yet? I sent them an email tonight and hope to get some help on Monday. This will be my second go-around with them. At first the chip didn’t even show on the unit screen. That was a 4 weeek ordeal, …Now this!

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

From Lakemaster:

Yes, we did not have any information for certain sections

of the river, http://www.lakemap.com/lakemasterfaq.aspx#

Depending on what GPS unit you are using, if it is a Nuvi

Model, you will need to disable the City Navigator on the unit.

If you have further questions, please contact us.

Best Regards,

LakeMaster Lake Maps

Technical Support Group

Pools 2 and 3 have small unsurveyed gaps in the following areas:

Pool 2

– Ft Snelling area about a 3/4 mi gap

– Lafayette Bridge area in St.Paul, about a 1 mi gap

– Newport Area (below 494 bridge), about a 1 mi gap

Pool 3

– At jct with St.Croix, about 1 3/4 mi gap

– Adjacent to Goves WMA, about a 2 mi gap

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Good info there Czech. Thanks for digging that up.

Sippi, when you say “Missing” do you mean no contour lines? Does it still show the river base map with wingdams? Just curious.

-J.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Really not a big deal at all if you consider the following:

Pools 2 and 3 have small unsurveyed gaps in the following areas:

Pool 2

– Ft Snelling area about a 3/4 mi gap No fish here at all, esp below the damn.

– Lafayette Bridge area in St.Paul, about a 1 mi gap No fish, esp carp and cats by the culverts, don’t bother here, esp behind the bridge pillars.

– Newport Area (below 494 bridge), about a 1 mi gap Move on, nothing to see here either, no structure by long gone bridges, no backwaters at all.

Pool 3

– At jct with St.Croix, about 1 3/4 mi gap Talk about a dead sea here, esp right on the confluence current seam, not even sure if this area is open yet for MN folks?

– Adjacent to Goves WMA, about a 2 mi gap Better off duck hunting here rather than fishing, again there’s a reason these areas aren’t included on the 2010 version

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Jon,… There is absolutely nothing on the map except the outline of the river – with blue water. No contour lines, no dams, no navigation markers, etc. NOTHING!

Like Czech says, too bad,… Nothing ever bites at these locations anyhow!

If advertised as topo’s for Pools 1-8 though, you’d think it would be contiguous – meaning ALL OF IT – as advertised!

I’m waiting for one more reply from Lakemaster on this and then I will note my frustration to them. ….A lot of good that will do though.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

Yes nothing on the scrren at all, Czech I hope your just kidding, there is alot of good fishing on those stretches.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Yes nothing on the scrren at all, Czech I hope your just kidding, there is alot of good fishing on those stretches.

Guess I’ll stick with the 2009 chip! I’m pretty sure Czech is kidding…

I don’t know why they would not overlay those sections with the current base map. One thing that also has me scratching my head is on my 2009 chip, they don’t have Willies Hidden Harbor (Lions Levee ramp access channel) mapped! That section is on the old lowrance 1995 base map and on the first gen hot maps chip. Curious why that data is gone?

-J.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If someone wants to compare I believe my 07 or 08 chip has all that information on it. This is the chip that only had wingdams for pool 2 and 4 on them. Here I was thinking of up grading to a 10 chip but think Ill wait now.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Guess I’ll stick with the 2009 chip! I’m pretty sure Czech is kidding…

Who me? Kid? Never!

I heard the 2011 chip has everything, including morel mushroom spots and liquor stores….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I heard the 2011 chip has everything, including morel mushroom spots and liquor stores….

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Late night Pizza delivery joints and I’m in!…

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Quote:

Quote:

And all of Mike W’s walleye hot spots!! I’m in, too!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And all of Mike W’s walleye hot spots!! I’m in, too!!

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I see these guys advertise on this site, you would think they would have a rep. post a response to our concerns about there product.

liar
    Lakeville

Dear Lakemaster,
    I was so excited to see that you had the rivers featured on your new chip for 2010. Since I do 95% of my fishing in the river, I knew I had to upgrade from my 2007 chip. My other 5% of fishing is for grass carp. Let’s face it, bass fisherman don’t need a map. It’s more of a chuck and pray type of fishing,(see cat fishing). So when I found out key portions of the river were missing from the chip, I was a little worried. However, I did find a solution. If you will notice there are gaps in my payment for the chip. The amounts from $27-$39 are missing as well as $56-$69 and $82-$90. I just didn’t have any info on the money in these areas, I’m sure you understand.
    Thank you,
    Liar.

Okay, enough of my humor. Will they treat this as a mistake and get the info that’s missing to us on an update. Or will we be left with a product that doesn’t match the ad that got me to drive 100 miles to buy the chip?
    I will call/write them, just wondering if anyone heard anything?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m confused. What’s the real scoop here? Last year I bought an 09 to replace my 08 because it showed P2 wingdams.
    Is it true the 2010 chip is missing info that was on the 09 chip?!?! I really want to know this because I just ordered a new somar with a 2010 chip. I might be better off just using my 09?

liar
    Lakeville

I’m replacing an 07 chip, so I’m not sure about the 09 vs 10 issue. I just got my h20 back, I’m going to see if my chip is missing data this afternoon. I have the 6.1 version.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Here’s mt story: I bought a new 2010 chip at the NW Sprotshow in March. I immediately went home and plugged it into my Globalmap unit to see how great this thing was. I got nothing on the screen. So I tried it on my 332 and my 26HD units and it worked fine. I then went to my buddies house and tired it on his Globalmap. Nothing there either. We then checked it in his 27 and his 520. The 27 was fine but the 520 had nothing either. The next day I called Lakemaster (after posting here for to see if anyone here could help,… nobody answered.) The Lakemaster team was waiting for my call because they read this site daily and saw my post. That’s how the “nothing on the screen” thing started for them – and now is seemingly fixed for every unit. Although I never said it, my thoughts were “why did you not test the chips in all the units before putting them out for sale,” …but I’ll let that one ride. Mine is fixed, so I’m somewhat happy. BUT,… then I get it back and find out that I’m missing a number of sections of the river (the primary water that I also fish), so now I’m pi$$ed! I immediately emailed the Lakemaster team and got this answer: Yes we are aware of it. Data is missing from the 2010. Sorry. We may update it for the future 2011 chip, but we plan on doing nothing for the 2010.
    So there you go. Buy your 2010 with the missing links. That’s exactly what you’ll get – missng links.
    I guess I see it like buying an expensive paper map of Mille Lacs – and having that paper map not inlcude 8 mile, sloppy joes, 3 mile, the gravel bar and maybe a few more popular loacations. The front of the map document says it’s Mille Lacs Lake, but when you open it you find you really only get part of the lake – not all of it. Oh well – So sad for you!
    On a better note, I will say that the Lakeaster staff person I dealt with (a lot!) was great. …Very professional and patient with me. I know he’s stuck with company decisions and that he has to tell me the company policy – even if he knows I’m not happy. (Thanks Trap!)

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i’m glad to read this, because i was going to replace my 2008 this weekend, so i could get the depth contours for pool 3. but after reading this, i will not be buying a new chip.

are you reading this lakemaster? another lost sale…. don’t advertise something you cannot deliver…

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i bought my chip at the musky expo 2010 for 79 bucks and it had problems so i sent it to lakemaster and they got it back to me in 5 days and it is perfect. i haven’t seen missing stuff but i fish everywhere but p2

liar
    Lakeville

wies
    Would/could you look and see if there is any info missing below the confluence on pool 3 on your chip.

I’m not spending another $100 to get 3-4 miles of data in a year or two.

I had a gift cert. from Cabelas. I drove to the Rogers store from Lakeville.(Owatonna was out). Now I have to drive down there to return it.

Can someone smarter than me explain how this is not false advertising? I see NOTHING on the package that states there may be incomplete data on the chip.
    I WILL be polite and respectful to the customer service people, but this will not be a good phone call to Lakemaster.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Guys, please clarify one more thing for me. Is the data that’s missing on
    the 2010 chip present on the previous chip(s) 09,08,etc?
    That is where I would have a bigger problem. Thanks.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I will be double checking this weekend on my old chip. Im sure this information was on there or you would of heard me Crabbing out it for the last 2 years.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.