Lakemaster chip Pool 2????

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thank Mike. Sounds good.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Quote:

I guess I see it like buying an expensive paper map of Mille Lacs – and having that paper map not inlcude 8 mile, sloppy joes, 3 mile, the gravel bar and maybe a few more popular loacations. The front of the map document says it’s Mille Lacs Lake, but when you open it you find you really only get part of the lake – not all of it. Oh well – So sad for you!

almost….except you can probably return the paper map. definetely misleading and borderline unethical business conduct IMO.

JP

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

liar
    i’ll go check for u in a few when i go out to the garage 4 a smoke. i’ll post back in a few

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

WELL WHAT DO U KNOW? i have a couple gaps in my chip on p3 i believe 1 where the st. croix comes into the sippi and 1 where 35 runs by the river on the wi side. i sent my chip in last week cuz it wasn’t working on my lowrance unit. u would think they would fix the ENTIRE PROBLEM the first time but i dunno sounds like bs to me. if i pay for something i want the whole product for what it’s suppose to be.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Like I said, the way it was explained to me by LM,… Not going to happen this year.
    I have an 06 and an 08 (and a 2010) LM chip and an 07 and an 09 Navionics chip. I guess I’ll just ride the storm out with a changover between the two brands. I’m done buying chips anyhow….
    I know where I am. I know where I’m going and I know the method and baits I’m going to use. Enough with the electronics!!

liar
    Lakeville

Thanks for checking wies. I did speak with lakemaster. They don’t have the data. They felt they had enough information to put it on the chip. That’s there option. I just want to know that before I make my decision to buy it. I would agree that it’s shady at best not to note it on the front of the box.
    I did notice that navionics has 2 and 3 listed on their map list. I wonder if they have all the data?

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i guess they are lucky i don’t fish p2 or p3 and that there are no more problems or i would be after revenge. haha

liar
    Lakeville

I decided to keep the chip even before I called lakemaster. I’m not happy about the lack of info on the box. Like someone said above “shady”. I’ve only had one chip, the 07. I never noticed anything missing on that one. I hope they offer a patch later on, even for a small fee. I suppose that depends on when they get the data. Otherwise, I will have to look at Navionics next time.

I was curious to see what Cabelas response was to the issue. When I called and told them I “may” need to return this due to missing data. He talked to his manager, came back on and said that I could not return it. When I explained the deceptive advertising that led me to get the chip, he quickly said I can’t help you and goodbye.

At this point, if I can get something for my 07 chip, I’ll feel a bit better.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

cabelas customer service has gone to [censored] these days. about 2 years ago you were able to return pretty much anything it was a 100% garuntee almost but then they changed it to a 3 month return policy and about 3 or 4 months ago they went 30 days on everything except cabelas name stuff. kinda bs if u ask me

MarkAndrle

Splitshot – Your story is exactly the same as mine. Bought the 2010 chip, showed no data on the Lowrance, jumped through hoops with LM to get a new chip, then find missing data for the river. I agree why didn’t they test the chip on all the units before putting the product out. I also agree that its borderline false advertising by making their customers believe that “all” data is included. But now they can sell more chips in 2011 and market them by saying ‘we now have all of Pool 2’. I’m sure they collected that data for those sections, have it right now in their office yet knowingly did not include it on the chip. More than anything, I feel disappointed with this company and it will be some time before I trust their products enough to purchase again, if ever.

On the positive side, I’m sure the long time river rats are having a good laugh because we’re mad about not having all the info about the river right now, when they have spent years figuring out the river with no help from an electronic chip. I’m new to fishing Pool 2 so I’m looking at this as a challenge to figure out those ‘missing’ sections on my own. It also leaves a bit of mystery to the river by not knowing everything about it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What Surprises me is this information seems to be on there older chips. After running around on pool 2 on Saturday I still cant find any areas that are missing.

What really stinks is I cant find my chip and need to buy one now. Anyone have a 07 or 08 for sale?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Now I feel I can be legitimately upset. If it was there before and is now missing then that is shoddy workmanship.
    Now the question is was it on purpose and if not will LM make it up to the buyers that want that info?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Mike, I’ve got an 07 somehwere in my house but I can’t find the sucker right now.
    I’ll look later this evening for it again and let you know if I find it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Had mine in my hand held for ice fishing this winter. Last trip on the ice I went for a swim. Wondering if my GPS isnt still swimming with the chip in it.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Still cant find my 07 chip. Which year did the chip show both pool 2 and 3. Does that year have complete data for each pool? Next question is where to get one.

Thanks guys.

liar
    Lakeville

Mike,
    I have a 07 chip, I’ll let it go for $100

Seriously, if Pier can’t find his, pm me, I’ll sell you mine.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I can’t find my 06/07….I have an 07/08 that I’ll probably keep!

D icks sporting goods had a fresh batch of the New ones in!

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

So I got the 2010 chip a couple days ago, finally did some couch fishing last night. Yep, missing sections as stated above, but what really t’s me off is that it actually shows channel bouys on the St. Croix. WUWT?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Lakemaster released an official statement regarding their 2010 Mississippi River Chip for Pools 1 – 8.

http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/901733

Snippet from that release >>>

Quote:

In the event any of our customers feel they were misinformed about the content of the new Minnesota or Wisconsin Legacy products, we will arrange for their product to be returned to the dealer for a full refund. They may contact us at [email protected] for details.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My 09 chip shows wingdams around 494. My 10 chip shows the same wing dams but also shows water depth north of 494. It stops right there for quite a ways. Regardless of why its not showing detailed depth in small stretches I dont see any of the depth info on the 09 so I dont feel cheated. Unless I’m missing something???

Long story short we may owe LM an apology. I appreciate James running this down.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Does it show the wing dams south of 494. I would much rather have the wingdams than depth contours.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Does it show the wing dams south of 494. I would much rather have the wingdams than depth contours.

Absolutely. It shows everything that was there before. In the area that depth is shown it is impressive. In the voids where depth contours do not show you still get the wingies.
    Crossin Eyes and I were thoroughly impressed with it last night.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I got a chance to take a look at the 2010 Lakemaster chip last night on pool 2. I have to echo what Suzuki wrote and say….

Quote:

In the voids where depth contours do not show you still get the wingies.

You get all of the overlay data that is on my 2009 chip. Plus more backwater areas and harbors like Lions Levee and Willies with the backwater channels mapped. If you are in an area without depth contours, you still have all wingdams, shoreline data, pipelines and power lines etc. For the sake of argument, I’m running a Lowrance 520c. I’ll toss out the possibility that the same chip looks different on other units. but to say:

Quote:

Jon,… There is absolutely nothing on the map except the outline of the river – with blue water. No contour lines, no dams, no navigation markers, etc. NOTHING!

is completely not true for me. Another possibility I can see happening is being zoomed out too far. At some point when you zoom out that small detail stuff disappears as on any map chip out there today.

With the Lakemaster written money back guarantee, there is no reason anyone should hesitate to buy this chip. It has a lot of good info for any pool 2 angler. If you were considering an upgrade from a 2009 or later, the 2010 chip is a better chip. But waiting for completed data is also an option.

Good luck on your choice.

-J.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.