Looking for land

• Beaver

Hey all you guys lucky enough to live near the river. I`m selling my hunting land down in Vernon County and am looking to move up river or across river and spend more time fishing from now on. I`ve tried realtors in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota with no luck. All they have are little pieces of cut up parcels that they`re selling in lots. No offense, but I`m looking to get away from people, not move next to somebody.

So here it is…I`m looking for something off the beaten path within 15 miles of the river. A chunk about 15-20 acres in size. I`ll look at more or less depending on what it has to offer. So if your neighbor is selling land or if you ride past a sign every day on your way to work…..let me know. Would like something from Trempeleau up to Lake City if possible.

Help this aging Pollack find a place to settle down on.

Beav

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have been looking in the Arrowhead region and west from Alex to Cass/Leech lake for a 100ft of lakeshore on a decent (1000 acre min) lake. I just want the sit on the land for a few years until I am ready to build. Swimming for my little girl and wife is the priority w/ decent fishing for me secondary. Snowmobiling trails would be nice.

I am finding nothing, nada, nil, zilch. Every decent piece is $150,000 while swamp land/duck pond/weedy area is the only thing in my price range (up to $60,000).

I am tempted to put a mobile home at a resort somewhere, maybe Leech. But I really want to own something.

If anyone has an area within 4 hours of Mpls/St Paul that I might be overlooking, I would appreciate the input. Does anyone know anything about Big Stone (MN river on S Dak boarder) or other areas?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

This is a shameless plug, but here goes.

My wife is an agent for Century 21 in Hudson WI.

She’s licensed in Minny and WI and had full access to the MLS system at home. I can set you up with her if you like. Remember the SELLER pays all commissions, so it wouldn’t cost you a penny to have her look for you. SteveO needs new Guidewear and a boat. Every little bit helps!!!

PM me if interested.

Thanks

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey guys……………don’t be discouraged. I’m sure SteveO can back me on this but real estate at this time of year is a VERY slow market. Typically, it’s full of stuff that don’t fit most people’s desires or someone is in a “must do” situation. Either way, the buyers aren’t plentiful at this time so alot of folks are holding out until spring. I don’t know if the war is going to effect this situation at all but it’s another thing that might make or break someone’s decision.

Dave, I’ve seen in northern, more remote areas that folks are generally a little bit harder pressed so the sellers place adds in local newspapers rather than list with a realtor. Get a subscription to a local paper/shopper for the area you are interested in just be ready when the right thing grabs your eye!

Beavor, given the area you’re looking, I don’t know if I have any other possibilities that might help you improve your chances of finding what you’re most interested in. It’s a long shot but being a present land owner, do you think you could use that property as part of a purchase/deal with the owner of an interested property. You know, (example) – 10G + ownership of your acreage? You know your situation best but just wondering if anything like that might help persuade a deal for you.

Good luck guys!

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Beaver I know this is a little or should I say a long way from what you have mentioned, but the Bass Camp is for sale. Lawrence

BobKnutson
    Austin, Mn

I had heard the DNR was trying to buy Basscamp a couple years back. As a matter of fact I thought the DNR was on a crusade to shut down all the campgrounds on the Miss.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.