Rigging Double Rapala’s

• tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Just wondering how people rig tandem rapala’s on three ways. Im interested also to see if people use more tandem or single rapala’s when trolling three ways in the spring. Lots of people seem to use tandem rapalas’s so far this year while Ive been on the water.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s a past thread on the subject. Lots of useful info.

Here’s the link >> Double-Rap Rigging

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Thanks James. Heard you guys got dumped on up there. It won’t be long and we should see some warmer temps I hope. It would be alright if that darn wind would die down a little.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Travis, it has been my experience that the double raps work better in tough bite conditions. It seems the deadening of the action on the first bait promotes more strikes, and I believe quite often the second bait triggers fish that had detected and passed on the first bait as well.
    I prefer fishing single raps, mostly due to less problems with fouling and the obvious difference in $$$ when things go awry, but ya gotta do what puts the fish in the boat!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

As I was reading this I realized just how many new techniques to walleye fishing I learned last year. And, all ne techniques came from fishing with different people from IDA. I picked up long lining and lead core from Don Hanson while fishing Pepin. Then I learned how to pull 3-ways with Rapalas from Bret Clark last year on pool 8. I also picked up the dragging plastics tip from this site as well.
    But, back to the topic Pulling 3-ways with Rapalas is a great early season tactic and I can’t wait to get the rods rigged up to start pulling them. I have noticed on 2 different trips that the 3-way bite is out there by watching another boat doing pretty well on them. I haven’t tried to pull doubles yet, but might give it a shot this year

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.