Mike Little Fish?

• mudlnthru
    Burnsville

All right. So I’m offline for a week or so and suddenly there are fish named after me? Thanks, Jarrad. I just read your fishing report today and realized that we’ve now moved into the “gear-up” mode for fishing season.

In preparation for this, please note the following.

1) Everyone please mark each sheephead you happen to notice. The appropriate method for marking the locations of these fish is to throw out an ice cube on the spot where the sheepie was last seen.

2) If approached by a sheephead, please do NOT feed it. Winter sheepheads can be dangerous when aroused and food is a major factor in this. “feeding frenzy” sheepies have been known to cause great damaged to boats and other equipment.

3) If a sheepie insists on jumping into your boat, please make certain that you keep it away from all articles of clothing and other items. Sheepies are known thieves and are often found with anything from bubble gum wrappers to small children lodged safely away in their gullets.

4) Please remember that this fabulous protected species has been recently removed from the endangered list in Minnesota and that we are all to be thanked for this. Summer sheepies have been growing in size and population and it’s all because of the hard work that you all have done.

By the way, maybe we should get a sheepie picture wall going somewhere. Maybe I could establish an annual award for big sheephead at Everts? How about it, Steve? Maybe a pop can dredged from the river? Under an EFN hat? I’ll donate the hat AND the pop can.

Mike Little

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.