Rock County’s Finest warden…..Boyd Richter….

• Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

herb
    6ft under

Pool2fool, Initially, your idea has merit. But when you think about it consider this; just who would be considered qualified to judge competancy and who would be qualified to pick this person, and who would be qualified to set the standards, and so on?
    You mention diminished faculties and advanced age. I have a friend who spent time in Vietnam many moons ago. When he got home, we took him deer hunting. Guess what? Yep, buck fever. Bad too.
    Please, don’t think I’m knocking your ideas. Just trying to cover all the bases or all the what-ifs.
    James and Rivereyes, if the original post about this suject tells the whole story of what happened, I’d be more inclined to kick in some dough to hire a good attorney for the guy, rather than see him go belly up and pay the fine. But then again it may be a waste if the powers that be see it only in black and white.
    Whatta ya think?

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Boyd Richter is a piece of dog shi*. If he was on fire and I had a bucket of water to put him out, I’d let him burn. Here’s one for you. My buddys grandpa who is 84 years old goes dove hunting on opening weekend of dove season every year with a group of elderly gentleman from Rock County. Two years ago they were hunting a farm that one of them owned right out of Evansville. They went out ooening day for several hours, being that they are all in their 80s they naturally had to rest when they got back to the house and barn. My buddys grandpa and a friend stopped at a picnic table to rest. The other two went inside to brew up sone coffee. While they were sitting at the picnic table a truck pulled up. You guessed it, Boyd Richter. He jumped out and made small talk with the two gentleman resting at the picnic table. He then went back to his truck and got a plastic bag. Without saying anything he walked over to a bird feeder that was roughly 50 yds away closer to the house. He put samples of the bird seed in the bag. He then went to his truck and proceeded to write both gentleman over a 600 dollar fine for hunting migratory birds over a bird feeder. Two elderly gentleman resting at a picnic table after a long days hunt. I hope Boyd Richter rots in hell. Ryan Ellefson, the Jefferson County warden is a hell of a guy, very nice, handles situations well, treats people with respect. Boyd Ricter is the opposite. He’s a worthless piece of ****.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Boy, talk about dredging up an old post!

FWIW, No CO ever writes a fine, he writes a citation. The judge determines if a fine is warranted.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s kind of what I was going to ask @nauga too.

If it was that bad of a pinch, I would have thought the judge would have tossed it out. Unless they didn’t contest the tickets.

How long ago was the bird hunting incident?

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

I googled “Boyd Richter” this thread on how big of a dick he is was the first thing that popped up. I doesn’t matter if the citation stuck. The moral of the story is “what kind of coc* sucker would do something like that”

critterhouse 75
    western wisconsin

I thought you never take a shot unless you are sure it is a clean shot, and if your gun is patterend correctly they had to be on top of each other to kill all three or am I wrong about this.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It makes a big difference to me.

If they were convicted it would tell me the story you were told may not have been total fact. Stories change a lot.

If it happened as you say, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t have been tossed out.

He could be all those names you’ve called him, but it sure isn’t helping your story by calling him derogatory names here.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

He could be all those names you’ve called him, but it sure isn’t helping your story by calling him derogatory names here.

BK just hit the nail on the head with that statement.

wkw

How ’bout the rancher that asked the mule deer hunter, “Can I have
    my saddle back ?”
    WKW

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

3rd person stories…divide by 2. (Especially the ones on the interweb…). 2 sides to every story…RR

deertracker

I always tell people there are 3 sides to a story.
    1- What one guys says
    2- What the other guy says
    3- The truth

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I googled Boyd’s name. True, this was the very first post…and all the rest were reports of violations.

Including a deer shining bust where the 3 involved were handed the stiffest fines I’ve ever heard of for a game and fish violation. Just the no licence for 21 years made me smile… Need more of that shtuff!!

On a side note, John Six-Pack turned one of those guys in for fishing “I didn’t know NO Hunting, Trapping or Fishing included fishing”.

Never met the fella but sure looks like WI residents are getting their money’s worth out of him. applause

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.