This weekend near Pepin?????????

• mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Hey all! It sound like you all have been having a great time this spring even with the crazy up and down temps. My wife and I are going to go fishing this weekend for my birthday and was I wondering where you knowledgable folks might send a guy to catch some walleye, sauger or crappie? I will be visiting my father in Pepin don’t have a big rig to travel real far on the water. I haven’t fished spring time in many years and it seems you people on this board are experienced and do fish quite a bit. If you feel uncomfortable leaving specifics, just general ideas would be much appreciated!! Thanks again to all of you for replying and have a great weekend.

mustbefishing

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Well the water is rising fast but the conditions aren’t that bad at all really. Lake Pepin itself would likely have a slower bite than up in the river near Red Wing. Here’s my latest fishing report available on the home page in case you missed that one.

Latest Pool 4 Fishing Report

All the species you’re looking for are on the feed right now. Drive slow, look for areas with slower current and hang on! The bite is super right now.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Most of the points on the lake should be holding fish??

I personally have not been on the lake yet…But there should be plenty of action to be had…

Just keep an eye out for Debris,The rip rap should be holding fish…

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

This is just a guess. If I wanted to go out near Pepin I would launch right next to the Pickle Factory resturant and I would target the area around the marina. Nice Rip Rap close to deep water and last year when I would launch early am I know people were shore fishing for crappies. I think it would also be a good spot for eye’s . Again this is just from what I have seen in the past and would be a spot to try. Anyone else fish this area??Steve

graybeard
    Iowa

Never tried this early, but I agree with trying it around the Pepin harbor. We’ve caught some nice crappies and stripers just trolling in and out around the point by the harbor. Also a little ways above the harbor mite be worth a try.

Graybeard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.