Pool 2 launch

• BShimp
    Hudson, WI

I need to break in a new boat and have fished pool 2 but have only used the Lily Lake launch. Is Hidden Falls good? I have an 1800 Fisherman on bunk trailer and might need a fairly deep launch. I know there are other lakes/rivers that are opening soon but I gotta go fishin’ Thanks for any help!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The 494 ramp is a better ramp than Hidden Falls. The only downside is there are no dock out yet. Should not be a problem either way. Just be careful where you beach your boat. Some rocks on the sand there.

J.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Jon is right about the rocks. The launch at Hidden Falls is good, the problem is landing your boat after fishing and banging into things.

Lillydale is very good too, deep w/ sandy bottom. Right of 35E and highway 13 where 35E crosses Miss.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

BShimp,

I will give you my vote for 494 ramp as well.

Hidden falls ramp is plenty deep but lots of current here, even more so now with the water on the rise.

Good Luck and keep your eyes peeled for logs and debris in the water. Tis the season.

BShimp
    Hudson, WI

Thanks DaveB and DeeZee for the advise. I checked out all three ramps today. 494 and Lilydale looked best except Lilydale had a bunch of snow on it. Hopefully its history by Friday. I’ve used Lilydale several times last year but not the other two. Since I’m breaking in the engine I think launching at 494 and heading upriver to the dam could be the ticket.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Sounds good, have fun.

Like I said before, keep your eyes peeled for floating debris and logs. Several fellow anglers had near misses in the last week or so with the rising levels.

I unfortunately got too aquainted with one and drilled one a couple weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.