494 launch still looks usable

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Drove by the launch today. A shovel and a little salt is all you need to get back on the water. Not much ice along the shorelines yet either.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

You beat me to it…I stopped by on my way back to the office this afternoon and thought the same thing. Must have been your footprints I saw in the snow

><(((>

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

probably me, i sent a few ice chunks away from the shore too. Hopefully it slowed the freezing process some.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the up date. Would bet those fish are still chomping to. My boat is still attached to the truck but the only problem is they are both buried in the snow. Not sure if Im going to dig them out or just concede and suspend the insurance on them.

Hope someone gets out this week.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Quote:

Drove by the launch today. A shovel and a little salt is all you need to get back on the water. Not much ice along the shorelines yet either.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd not any more. She’s iced over pretty good.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

With highs close to 40 today and looking decent the next few days I would bet it will open up again. A few boats breaking that skim ice would get it going to.

procor
    Mounds View, MN

If anybody wants to, I will assist in breaking that ramp open…I almost tore off my transducer last year trying to bust through ice going backwards when launching the boat, no more of that. Anybody want to work together to bust it open? There is some good fishing to be had these next couple nights….

An empty trailer backed in will get it broken enough to get the boat in, then just start chopping and breaking the ice…2x4s, shovels…anything.

Has anybody been down there today? How far out is it frozen? Ice chunks floating down river? I need to feel a nice solid SCHWACK on the end of my line again…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hopefully someone will swing by for a 1st hand report on it. Either way Ill most likely be down some time on Saturday with the boat in tow. Who knows maybe even friday afternoon if I get my work done.

Its a shame to had not been out this afternoon.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

This afternoon most all the skim ice was gone. I think at this point it’s a day by day thing. If we get a night where the low is 9 degrees it’ll be iced, but if we get a night like tonight, it will be fishable.

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

We are going to try it Saturday. If someone else busts her open thanks. If not, and it is needed, we’ll give it a shot. Way the weather looks, it maybe wouldnt be much at all if any… we’ll see.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not much busting is needed. Fished a few hours this afternoon. hate to say but not even a bite. Hard to believe with this weather moving in. Fish not feeding to me usually means they are about to let loose real soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.