This is amazing…..must read and react

• ProV2
    Rochester,Mn

alkfish,

I have to agree with everything in your post but, you have to be carefull talking about “bunny hugger organizations” or Reefrunner will hide his hat————LOL

oldranger

You know that state attorney is filling his pants. The states attorny knows this is a bull shiii case but he,s scared to death that if he dosn,t give it a good try those peta people will hound him out of office.I,v seen this peta bunch in action they have a big wallet and have national clout and if you think they cvan,t raise hell you got another guess a coming. they hound state big shots , threaten local buisiness , frigten people who confront them and they already have done what they do best ! make you think twice about killing any kind of animal. howmany of you,especialy state employees, will kill a stray cat, sick rodent orany thing without thinking what if a peta sees me .I bet that state employee will say to himself it ain,t worth it even a million dollars worth of trout. and he will think that way reguardless of what happens in court, you can not unring a bell.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I also Apoligize, It was a distateful comment on such a serious incident! Sorry

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I would probably disagree in saying that all ripping on them is inappropriate. Mockery is a powerful tool that can be very effective when used sparingly and when appropriate. Typically it works best when confronting a hypocrite – you know – the kind of person who roves around from place to place in their leather sandals and wool socks complaining about how eating meat or testing shampoo is cruel to animals. I have no sympathy for those people.

The post about PETA types hassling politicians nonstop until they get their way is right on the money. These people are led by very astute political activists, who know how to manipulate the press and other tools with which we affect change. The leadership also knows how to effectively manipulate the horde by keeping horror stories in front of them at all times – mutilated pets used for medical experiments and so on. For the most part, the body of these groups is made up of young people who are desperate to leave their mark on the world. Their grandparents had the Great Wars, their parents had Vietnam and the threat of holocost, so what are they left with?

A demonstrative example: A group of Seattle protestors showed up post-September 11th to protest the WTO. When they found the summit was cancelled, they held an impromptu demonstration against the war in Afghanistan. Nice to know that they can switch gears so quickly – and even funnier when you consider that the war was less than two weeks old!

You cannot engage these people in open debate, as it will immediately boil down to them interrupting, and trashing you with name-calling and any salient points of your argument will be lost in the screaming of accusations. The editorial page and letters to your representatives are the appropriate places to respond, as you can lay out your argument clearly, concisely, and without interruption.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m with Gianni and Old Ranger on this one. I’m also sticking to my feelings of seeing how these people operate, they are not just political activists………..they’re terrorists. The organization needs to come under some serious fire and exposure. An overwhelming majority of Americans do not support their beliefs and even less agree with their practices. We should not be allowing them to “cripple” our government officials and structures. This is not a good example to practice the 80/20 rule with……………we must get involved and stay involved………….if we don’t, more and more BS like this case will continue to show up.

PETA…………….”America’s Taliban”

z-man
    Dousman, WI

This is truly amazing, almost unbelievable. You would think that John would have some legal recourse to not only recoup his damages, but to also create some dis-incentives for PETA and our most honorable public officials and/or whoever else might be responsible for letting this travesty go on as far as it did, to think twice next time. Imagine what they would have done to some of the old-timers who reportedly used kittens, squirrels, chipmunks, and other critters as MUSKY BAIT, at a time the world was a bit saner.. The electric chair??

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.