Pool 3 or 4 this weekend

• Jabbinpike

I’m new to fishing below the St. Croix and want to fish either Pool 3 or 4 this weekend. Where do you think the best bet will be?

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

In the water jester

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Am I wrong in thinking that pool 3 isn’t actually open for fishing yet? Pool 2 is catch and release all year. Pool 3 opens during normal Minnesota inland water opener, fish can be harvested then. Pool 4, and I’m not sure how far down stream is open for harvest all year. Am I not right?

Am I wrong in thinking that pool 3 isn’t actually open for fishing yet?

Am I not right?

Yup, yup. Page 52.

Jabbinpike

Below the train bridge after the confluence follows MN/WI border rules, so it is open South of that portion.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Check the rules a little closer.

Walleye is open on the Miss from Prescott down stream.

St Croix is closed and the Miss from Prescott upstream to L&D #2 is inland waters and closed.

There will be less people fishing Pool 3 or going down stream from Everts with the exception of the high bridge area, you’ll be pretty much by yourself as well.

Good luck where every you fish!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’ll be on 3 &croix this weekend. Either trying for flatheads, channels, or possibly learning to hand line eyes. (Eyes on 3 South of Prescott)

Jabbinpike

When fishing pool 3 is it mostly action on the wing dams? It looks pretty narrow to have much structure like the St Croix has. I’ve never been on it before so just guessing.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ll be fishing P4 both days this weekend out of Everts. It will be a tough bite finding the transitioning eyes, but we’re gonna try!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Below the train bridge after the confluence follows MN/WI border rules, so it is open South of that portion.

Too bad everyone doesnt know its the train bridge….

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

When fishing pool 3 is it mostly action on the wing dams? It looks pretty narrow to have much structure like the St Croix has. I’ve never been on it before so just guessing.

P3 is a tough nut to crack. In my lowly opinion you would be wasting your time trying to learn it very far south of Prescott this time of year. And its not much easier to learn the rest of the year. Take it for what it’s worth.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have a good friend of mine and a member here from back in the day that swears the P3 wingdams are a waste of time to pitch. I have done decent on them, but never great. I have, however, done very well trolling cranks past the edges in the heat of the summer. There are a couple spots I will head south past eagle point, but it is rare.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You gotta fish where the fish are… I won’t generalize with structure. Because fish don’t.

Find fish, fish em.

Plenty in Croix. P3&p4 etc.

Don’t wet a line unless it’s near fish. Fishing strategy 101

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.