Polk Co WI ice conditions?

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Anyone in that area have an up to date ice report? Bone, Blake, Big Round, Butternut?
    I was up that way 2 1/2 weeks ago and varied a lot on each. Looking to fish Sat morning, but don’t want to run all the way up there if it’s still shakey…
    Thanks in advance,
    Donnie

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I’m about 40 min south of that area but won’t be able to get up there until next week. Darn holiday family plans impeding my fishing.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Was at my cabin in Cumberland 2 weekends ago and we had open water in front of the cabin. Last weekend we fished in front and had 4 inches of good ice. I was surprised it froze that much last week because it wasn’t that cold. I would this is similar to the lakes you listed. They are about 20 miles away.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

We had 5-7 inches on Round east of Frederick yesterday. We took a light 2 cycle atv out to pull the sleds but did not ride double on it. Crappies did not cooperate. There was walkers fishing on Atlas lake when we drove by.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Atlas had 7 inches Saturday with two guys on a side by side plowing a path to their perm on the lake. Big trade only had 3-4 with less in some areas. Crappies on Atlas seemed skinny for their size this year. The few Crappies I kept from Big Trade were much healthier.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.