Polarized glasses

• Joe Nguyen
    San Diego

I used to wear Polaroid sunglasses which made 100% polarized lenses for all styles. it’s surprised me as they are not popular in the US as I expected even prices are acceptable in the range of $50-$70.

Dustin Tichy

I just bought some Shady Rays, they are pretty good for the money. I found a code online that gave me 50 percent off so I think they were only 30 or 40 bucks a pop. They should like they have a pretty good warranty as well if I were to break them or lose them I get a couple replacement pairs before they make me buy a new one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Oakleys with the Prizm lenses here…have had them for a few years and am pleased. Smith makes some nice polarized glasses as well. Costas with the highest end glass are great, but I opted to not go with glass lenses.

rjohnson8404

Just my two cents. I spent years wearing cheap glasses and now my vision has suffered from not protecting my eyes. Two things you can truly never gain back are your hearing and your vision. Yes lasik is possible but it truly will never be the same. Think of it as an investment in yourself. If you work outside or spend a lot of time in the light winter included the higher end reputable companies are worth the money because they offer better UVA and UVB protection. I wear costa glazed and have a prescription pair. Scratched the poop out of them one year into them and it was covered for 12.99 shipping new lenses all around then another year later I lost a rubber nose piece covered for 12.99 brand new shipped to me. It is best to go through an eye doctor as they have great relationships with the companies. Hope this helps a bit. Spend what you can because it’s an investment in your eyes. If you are in the southern MN area I know a great eye doctor and trust me you can try on every pair. I was a pain in the ass I am sure for them but now I own 4 pairs of costas.

gonefishin

I used to not spend more than $15 on my sun glasses, but about 10 years ago splurged on a pair of Natives. Thought these were a big improvement. Then a couple of years ago picked up a pair of 580g Costas blue and now have another pair with lighter tint. What a difference between the Costas and Native. When I let others that do not have Costas try them on, the general response is “oh my god.” I used to lose the cheaper pairs all the time, would fall off my head or something. Now that I have the Costas, I just take better care and don’t even wear a strap. Just this week I demoted the Natives to the junk drawer, never to be seen or worn again. After wearing the Costas the Natives actually hurt my eyes.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

If the eye doctors ever open up again, I would like to get a pair of prescription sunglasses. The glasses themselves don’t cost so much but damn those coatings add up.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Me too. I need to go into a Costa optometrist soon. I’ve said it before, I wear contacts, but have astigmatism. So prescription Costas would be awesome.

Great Laker

I’m a big fan of the Smith guides choice. I used to have the Costa permits in 580g until they broke and decided to give the Smiths a try. They seem quite a bit lighter to me and I really like the fit.

hillhiker
    SE MN

The “oh my god” response is great when people try Costas for the first time. My friend tried mine when I got them, and within a week he was at the eye doc getting a pair of his own. I always wore prescription Oakleys in the past, and they just don’t compare to the Costas I have now. For some reason it always seemed like Oakley would screw up the prescription the first go around as well. I would have a hard time not buying Costas at this point.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

For those with a pair of nice sunglasses but would like them to be prescription, I took a regular pair of off the shelf Maui Jim into my eye doctor years ago and they were able to make lenses for the frames.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

For those with a pair of nice sunglasses but would like them to be prescription, I took a regular pair of off the shelf Maui Jim into my eye doctor years ago and they were able to make lenses for the frames.

Were the lenses Maui Jim then?

Great Laker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>SuperDave1959 wrote:</div>
    Coincidentally got this ad in my FB today. Sounds like a screaming price for Costas

http://www.vipsunshades.com

Has anyone here ordered from this place? It appears almost too good to be true.

$250 costas for $30???

You know what they say; if it seems too good to be true…. it usually is.

A quick google search shows its a scam

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Poor grammar is a good clue

“SAVE OFF: 73%”

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I just got a pair of Shadyrays for $50 lifetime warranty even if you loose them they will send a new pair. Check them out

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I will take them, They have lifetime warranty.

Just this week I demoted the Natives to the junk drawer, never to be seen or worn again.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I ponied up for a pair of ‘scrip Costas. Best prescription sunglasses I have ever owned. Extremely expensive but I tend to keep sunglasses for a long time. I highly recommend them

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.