Plastic portable with slide out??

• fygr8

Recently saw an ad for an all plastic ice house with a slide out. I believe it was on wheels, but not sure. Had self contained batteries to run everything. Anyone else see this and know the brand?

fygr8

Thank you

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

A while ago I was wondering why I didn’t see some sort of polyethylene injection molding being done for portable shanties. I wonder how the plastic holds up over time though.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Any idea on cost?

I read in the high 7K range.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

On another web site they were priced at $6800 shock

They sure look cool, but not that cool

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Yeah that’s double what I was expecting. They need to have one without the furnace option perhaps. Everyone seems to have their own heaters already. Not sure how much that would reduce the price though.

sticker

I agree, they need a stripped down model with a much lower price tag. Skip all the wiring, batteries, heater, ect.

sticker

Perfect, the stump 2-ice would be perfect and multi purpose!!!

Kole Hedeman
    La Porte City, Iowa

Pretty cool product! I would never buy one for that price tho.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I imagine the idea was thought up while sitting on a porta-potty somewhere in the middle of winter…

While the idea is cool (and gives fabricators a good idea to build on) it seems like it might get tippy when hauling over the ice being that narrow collapsed and the molded plastic would likely wear out over time..

How on earth do they get to the $6-$7k price point? Scary what the markups on that are…

haleysgold
    SE MN

Banks Outdoors makes a Polyethylene portable ice house on skis. Made here in MN. They sell for WAY less than hardwater marine.

So my plan for the next year was to make something similar to sit all day.
    I know I’ll have to visit a dealer to check out the size for bow hunting but…
    If I build it myself, I’ll have a bunch a money tied up in lumber/windows/etc. to do it and altho these things are expensive, they’ll last forever compared to my wooden ones.

1. Anybody bow hunt out of these? Is a 2 man big enuf for me and the bow?
    2. I’d like to get them up in the air about 12 feet. At 250 lbs, how would one go about that?
    3. What a cool idea for a portable shack! How would one go about getting it up 12 feet in the air and then taking it down each year to use as a portable ice shack?

For the guys using these, I’d like to hear your thoughts on them.

Thanks!

sticker

The stump 4 might be good for a bow, but the Stump 2 at only 48″ wide would be a little tight. I have wood ones built 6′ x 4′ and I wouldn’t try to bow hunt out of them. I have tried drawing my bow in them and can be done at an angle, but if you have a straight shot out the front or back it would be tough.

Almost have to have a front end loader on a tractor to get them up and down each season, and even with that 12′ up would be a challenge with most smaller tractors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.